85"

"Vi?!" Neville exclaimed running forwards and catching Viola as she stumbled through the portrait "what happened?" He asked looking at her face that was bruised and cut "come on we're going to the hospital wing"

"No!" Viola croaked

"You can barely hold yourself up Vi" Neville whispered sadly as Dean and Seamus came running over.

"Not the hospital wing...McGonagall. They could find out i went to get help. They might hurt the first year!"

"What first year? What happened vi?" Dean asked worriedly brushing her hair out of her face.

"McGonagalls office please" she whined clutching her head trying to cease the pain.

"Okay, come on" Seamus said taking her other arm with Neville and helping her walk out of the door.

"Wait!" She shouted making them stop as she handed Dean the map, "make sure we don't get caught"

"What's this?!" Dean asked looking down at the map of Hogwarts

"Can I explain later when I'm not about to pass out?" Viola asked unimpressed

"Oh yeah, sorry. My fault"

"Yes?- oh my! Come in!" McGonagall exclaimed as the four Gryffindors turned up outside her door.

Neville and Seamus walked Viola down over to the seat as McGonagall hurried over beside her.

"What happened?"

"Alecto Carrow. She used the Cruciatus curse on me" Viola croaked her hands still holding her head.

"What?!" Neville shouted his hands slightly shaking in anger

"That fucking-"

"Mr Finnigan! Language!"

"Sorry Professor"

"Let's get you healed up" McGonagall said pulling out her wand as she started fixing the gash on Violas face.

"Im sorry for bothering you Professor, it's just I don't want the Carrows to see me on my way to the hospital wing and I didn't think I was skilled enough to heal them myself"

"Nonsense Miss Lupin. Would you like to tell me what happened?"

"Well i was out after hours, please don't ask me why, and I heard Alecto shouting at someone. So I stayed hidden behind a corner before I realised that she was about to hurt a first year huffpuff. I took it instead"

"Goodness" McGonagall sighed as she stepped backwards "this is absolutely appalling! You should be very proud of yourself Miss Lupin" she nodded "it was very selfless"

"Thank you Professor, but I'm worried. What if they're doing it to other students as well. What if they're too scared to come forward. It's not me I'm worried about. There's got to be something we can do!"

"I'm afraid I cannot think of anything Miss Lupin. Though I will make sure that I try to keep the students here as safe as possible"

Viola nodded in understanding "thank you for all your help Professor"

"Of course. Longbottom, Finnigan, Thomas make sure to help Miss Lupin get back to the common room. I'll send Professor Slughorn to drop off a potion or two for your headache. And please be sensible Viola"

"Arnt i always?"

"No. No you arn't"

Viola laid in Harry's old bed while Neville, Seamus and Dean sat on their own beds chatting. The sheets of the bed comforted her greatly. They still smelt like him. Of his ginger biscuit and broom polish scent she'd grown to love. She smiled sadly as she pulled out a photo of them all back at Grimmauld place at Christmas. Her, Harry, Hermione, her parents, the Weasleys, Sirius. They were all there. Viola heart ached knowing Harry kept this photo under his pillow.

"You know vi you're welcome to sleep in here" Dean said looking over at Viola who was snuggled down into the covers

"Thanks bean but I don't want to leave Lavender and Parvati alone. Thanks for the offer though"

"You're welcome, but please stop calling me that shitty nickname. It's been going on years"

"Ha 'been' , get it?"

"Yes, I get it" Dean sighed as Seamus and Neville snickered.

Searching around the room Viola found some parchment and a quill and started writing.

Mum and dad,

Things at Hogwarts are quite frankly Shite
(sorry dad)

Snapes got the Carrow siblings teaching. They're the worst. They are trying to get us to curse each other and teach us dark magic. If we refuse, they result to physical punishment.

I don't want to worry you but I thought it was important for you to know that I was hit with the Cruciatus Curse.

Don't worry! I'm fine now. McGonagall has fixed me up.

It's other students I'm more worried about. I trying to come up with a plan to help protect people but have had no luck so far. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Any news from Harry Ron and Hermione?

I hope you're both okay

I love you both so much

Vi
X

Viola tied the letter onto the leg of Seamus owl and watched it fly off over the Hogwarts grounds over into the distance.

———————————————————————————
A/N

You just know Rosaleés going to want to rein hell fire upon Hogwarts wen she finds out