32"

Viola walked into the Great hall, her feet dragging on the floor, her eyes tried

Viola walked into the Great hall, her feet dragging on the floor, her eyes tried. Still she looked nothing short of perfect.

She dropped down next to Seamus after placing a Kiss on Nevilles head and glanced across the table to the piece of material Ron was holding.

"What in merlins name is that?!" Viola laughed loudly as she reached for the orange juice.

"Mums sent me a dress" Said Ron, inspecting the lace frills.

"Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet? Aha!" Harry joked pulling out the shirt underneath it.

"Nose down Harry. Ginny, these must be for you" Ron directed to his sister

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly!" Ginny replied as Viola snorted down into the table

"They're not for Ginny!" Hermione laughed "they're for you! Dress robes"

Viola smirked to herself as the table laughed at Ron's misfortune

"Dress robes for what?"

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the triwizard tournament. Since it's insection. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well- mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and everyone one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because... the Yule ball is first and foremost a dance.  All the girls whispered excitedly as the boys on the other side of the room groaned.

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!
Now! To dance is to make the body breathe. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight.

Viola and Hermione switched unimpressed expressions.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance! Mr Weasley!"

"Yes?" Ron's asked cautiously

"Will you join me please?"

Ron hesitantly stood up walking into the middle of the hall with McGonagall.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist" she said guiding Ron's hand

"Where?"

"Mywaist!" She repeated as a few wolf whistles rung through the hall.

"At least take poor McGonagall on a date first Weasley!" Viola hollered causing the girls around her to giggle "it's only polite"

"Enough Miss Lupin, though I am touched by the thought that you care so much" the Professor spoke

"Anything for you Professor. I've got your back" she smiled back winking as the music started playing.

Ron awkwardly spun around with McGonagall making Viola double over with laughter until her stomach hurt.

"Everyone! Up on your feet!"

Viola ran forwards pulling Neville up out of his seat and spinning him around the room as they laughed happily.

The pair fell down in the common room, their feet hurting and faces smiling.

"Who are you thinking of asking Nev?" Viola asked as she kicked off her shoes.

"I'm not sure" Neville shrugged "I don't want to embarrass myself dancing" he frowned

"Practise makes perfect I guess" Viola smiled kissing his head and making her way to her dorm.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I want a relationship like Nev and Vis