8"

It was the first weekend of Hogsmeade but Viola had stayed at Hogwarts as it was coming up to the first full moon and Dumbledore had granted access for Rosaleé to be present for Remus afterwards

Viola missed her mother dearly and would happily miss the first trip to spend time with her.

The family walked around the Hogwarts grounds catching up as Rosaleé and Viola bantered while Remus rolled his eyes and snickered at their jokes and comment.

"I always said you'd be a sexy Professor" Rosaleé hummed looking Remus up and down.

"Ew" Viola blanched

"What? Your dads a dilf"

"Can we not. Thats gross" Viola shivered

"Professor?" Came another voice from behind them

"I think you mean sexy Professor" Rosa corrected causing Viola to roll her eyes.

"Oh-er may I talk to you?" Harry asked slightly confused as to who this woman was calling his defence against the dark arts teacher sexy.

"Of course Harry" Remus smiled.

Rosaleés eyes widened as she looked at Remus for confirmation. She hadn't seen Harry since he was a baby, but when Viola came home after first year babbling about a boy she hated named Harry, she had no doubt in her mind it was him.

There he stood after all these years. All grown up.  She remembered him as a baby with a bowl of pasta on his head.

She had to blink a couple of times just to reassure herself. He looked remarkably like James. She had to force down tears as he looked at her with those kind eyes that looked oh so similar to Lily's.

Rosaleé had never been so angry when she heard that Harry was forced to live with his aunt. She had tried to convince Dumbledore to let him stay with them. She tried several techniques; flirting, blackmail, threatening... but none of them worked out, much to her surprise. Dumbledore was adamant that he should live with the Dursley's.

Remus grabbed Rosas hand reassuring her.

"I think I'll just go" Viola said as Harry looked at her warily.

"Would you like me to leave? Because I can-" Rosaleé started

"Oh no, that's okay" Harry replied "I just need to ask Professor Lupin a question is all"

"You want to know why I stopped you facing the Boggart, yes? I would of thought it would of been obvious, I thought it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort"

"I did think of Voldemort at first" Harry admitted "but then I remembered that night on the train. The dementor"

"I'm very impressed" Remus said "that suggests that what you fear the most is fear itself. This is very wise"

"What a smart man" Rosaleé quipped sarcastically in a whisper making a small smile form on Harry's face.

"Before I fainted... I heard something" Harry continued "A woman... screaming"

"Dementors force us to relive our very worst memories, our pain becomes their power"

"I think it was my mother..."

Both Rosaleé and Remus tensed up.

"...the night she was murdered"

"You know the very first time I saw you Harry, I recognised you immediately..." Remus started after a pause.

"...not by your scar, but your eyes" Rosaleé finished "they're your mother Lily's"

"Yes oh yes" Remus agreed "we knew her. Your mother was there for me at a time when no one else was"

"Excuse me!"

"Apart from you Rosie. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch. She was also an uncommonly kind one"

"She had a way of seeing the beauty in others" Rosaleé smiled at the memory of Lily "most especially when that person could not see it in themselves. But your father, James. He was a right pain in my arse. But the best kind" Rosaleé chuckled fondly.

"Did you and my dad hate each other like me and Viola?"

"Oh no!" Rosaleé denied as her blond hair fluttered in the wind "James was one of my very best friends. We spent many a detention together" she smiled looking back 

"James had a certain... shall we say? Talent for trouble just like Rosa here" Remus said

"Can we stop the disrespect!"

" A talent, rumour has it, he passed on to you" Remus said ignoring Rosa "you're more like them than you know Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much. Now, if you'll excuse me if got a teachers meeting to attend to" Remus nodded to Harry as he kissed Rosaleé on the cheek and left them both on the bridge.

"Last time I saw you you had Pasta dripping down your face" Rosaleé laughed

"How did I managed that?" Harry smiled at the thought.

"You didn't, Viola did"

"I'm sorry? I don't-"

"You and Viola used to be friends when you were babies. Me and Rem used to take Vi around to your old house in Godrics hollow to meet with your parents. Well... that is until you accidentally got a little a sauce on her face so she dumped the whole bowl on your head"

"That sounds about right" Harry sighed "what were they like? My parents?"

"Amazing. They were my best friends. I only arrived at Hogwarts in my Last year but they quickly became my second family" she smiled sadly "your mother always dragged me to the library for her little study groups. I'm pretty sure she was the only reason I passed my NEWTs"

Harry smiled at the idea.

"And your dad. God he was irritating, but the kind of person you can't seem to hate. He would always drag me down to watch him play quidditch and plan new pranks. Pranks were kinda his thing" Rosaleé laughed.

"They sound great" Harry sighed sadly

"They were" she replied gently " I hope you know Harry, even though Remus and I are Violas parents, and you don't exactly have the best relationship with vi, you can always talk to us. Our home is always open to you. I hope you know"

"Thank you" he smiled "but I don't think Viola would be very pleased about that" he said wincing slightly

"That's not her decision. I'm in charge no matter how hard she tries to convince herself I'm not. I'm afraid she's too much like me" Rosaleé chuckled

"I don't think you're anything alike" Harry replied "you're nice to me, Viola... not as much"

"She's a sweetheart really. You just don't want to be her enemy but unfortunately for you... But really, I don't think she ever really means to hurt you"'

"Thank you er- Mrs Lupin. For er- telling me about my Parents"

"Call me Rosa, and of course. I miss them dearly, It would be a shame not to speak about them. I hope you know Harry, our family will always be here for you. Remus and I are fond of you Harry. And I'm sure Viola is deep down inside. Very very deep down inside"

———————————————————————————
A/N

I'm soft