46"

Viola sat with Neville in defence against the dark arts happily chatting and watching an enchanted paper bird fluttered in the air

Viola sat with Neville in defence against the dark arts happily chatting and watching an enchanted paper bird fluttered in the air. It swooped down and was about of land on Violas hand when it was shot down, burning in a crumpled heap.

"Good morning children" Dolores Umbridge started, standing straight as she stood next to a chalk board "ordinary wizarding level examinations, O-W-L or more commonly know as, OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the consequences may be severe" A pile of books floated off her desk and deposited each infront of the students "your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven, but you'll be pleased to know you will from now on be following a carefully structured, ministry approve course of defensive magic. Yes?"

"There's not anything about using defensive spells in here" Said Hermione putting her hand down after she'd be called

"Using spells?" She laughed in her sickly tone "I cannot imagine why you would need to learn them nor use them in my classroom"

"Have you forgotten we are witches and wizards?" Viola asked already fed up with the woman

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron asked

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure and risk free environment"

"What use is that? If we're going to be attack it won't be risk free" Harry inputted

"Students shall raise their hands! It is the view of the ministry that a more theoretical direction is best to get you through your OWLs, which, after all is what school is all about"

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry asked getting increasingly more angry

"There's nothing out there dear. Who do you imagine would want to attack children like yourself"

"Oh- er I don't know... how about Lord Voldemort!" Harry exclaimed

The classroom fell into silence. The only sound a quill dropping.

"Now let me make this quite plain, you've been told a certain Dark wizard is at large once again. This- is- a- lie"

"It's not a lie! I saw him! I fought him!" Harry snapped

"Detention Mr Potter!" She screeched silencing the class

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?!"

"Cedric Diggorys death was a tragic accident-"

"It was murder Voldemort killed him!"

"Enough!" She squawked silencing the class one more.

"Tell me Professor Umbridge" Viola started making people turn to her " are you living in denial or are you just completely thick in the head? Do you not feel ashamed for the way you have blown off an innocent boys death as an accident merely because you refuse to believe our biggest threat is back? Surely you must feel some shame for the way you have disregarded him? Disregarded Cedric, disregarded Potter, disregarded Dumbledore?"

Harry looked at Viola with gratitude for somewhat sticking up for him in an abstract way. Not many people did believe him so it was a shock to a majority of the students in the room that Viola had chosen to believe him.

"How dare you speak to a teacher like that!" Professor Umbridge seethed "Detention!"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Vi is hot. Luv her the most