Finale - Gulf's ending

"You're nervous."

"I'm not nervous."

"Sure, you are. But you know what's funny?"

"What?"

"It's supposed to be another way around."

Bright smoothers his collared shirt, eyes trained on Gulf, who was fidgeting ever since the day began. They were going to see Gulf's mother after all and after knowing his boyfriend's estranged mother for the past few years, Bright wasn't that honestly thrilled to meet her. But he knows it's a must, to mend the mother and son's relationship that was broken for almost 18 years.

"Please, calm down," Bright said once his hand reached over on Gulf's enclosed hands, eyes trained on the road in front of him. "If you're starting to think about the whole 'history might repeat all over again' then you're wrong." He sighed non-committedly. "Sometimes, I'm starting to doubt your trust in me."

Upon hearing that, Gulf's eyes went wide. "No, I-"

"Relax." Bright smiled, digging his fingers deep until he takes hold of Gulf's cold hands. "I'm kidding. To be honest, I'm not fond of your mom, but I really, really need to talk to her about something."

Gulf was about to ask what it is, but then the car slowly pulled into a stop. Bright grins. "We're here."

Bright remembered listening intently to Gulf that one fateful night, his head leaning back against Bright's cream coloured walls, knees bent down and arms encircled around it. She told him a story about a boy who loved his boyfriend very dearly. He loves him so much that he felt heartbroken the moment he found out her mother in the bed with his boyfriend. She forgave her, thinking that it was probably was an innocent mistake, but it happened, again and again, every time he would bring home a boyfriend until finally, the boy stopped dating altogether.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that it was his story and to be honest, Bright felt bad, angry and pissed off. But the moment he saw Gulf's mother, it wasn't a surprise that his ex-boyfriends decided to pick the older Traipipattanapong than Gulf.

Gulf's mother was really beautiful... not to mention a big flirt. But Bright, being the type of person he is, remained oblivious to her advances during their talk in the living room, smiling innocently and bowing his head to the praises he was given. Gulf, however, remained silent. To lingering touches on Bright's knees, shoulders, her sultry smile and constant licking of the lower lip. Bright doesn't notice and continued to entertain Mrs Traipipattanapong throughout the conversation.

"Mrs Traipipattanapong."

"Oh, please!" Mrs Traipipattanapong salaciously purred. Gulf cringed at that. "Call me, mother." But to her surprise, Bright just chuckles and nodding in understanding, not even effected at the meaningful gesture.

"Then, mother. I would like to ask you something."

Bright looks at the boy ‒ Gulf, this one special boy that makes his heart do something and skip and jump and beat like crazy in every little way, every little gesture, move, speak ‒ he could go on, but stopped when he met his gaze. The one that he frantically searched for 10 years ago, only to see his sitting absentmindedly on his bed when he comes home, utterly dejected. This one special boy that he chose to be with.

Bright looks back at Mrs Traipipattanapong with a happy smile. "I would like to ask Gulf's hand in marriage. Would you give me your blessings?"

Gulf's eyes went wide in surprise before it started to water, his hands immediately flying to his mouth to cover it. Mrs Traipipattanapong looked shocked and slowly, her expression softened, a warm smile etched on her face.

(Turns out the real reason why Mrs Traipipattanapong kept on doing that is because it was a test for Gulf's boyfriends if they could easily sway into temptation, not wanting his son to meet the same fate as her. Bright plans on telling this to his fiance, but then he thought, it could wait later after Gulf dragged him towards his old bedroom.)