Cultural Appropriation

Ya'll honestly, I've thought long and hard about this concept. When discussing it in the past, a lot of you seemed to really disagree with me. It fucked with my brain and really question what I was thinking and saying, but in reality I just wasn't educated enough in the issue to even have a proper comment on it. A little time later guess what? My mind still hasn't changed.

It's not that I'm stubborn and won't take any other opinions, it's not. I changed my mind because some comments but now that I'm more educated on the matter, I've really made up my mind about it. So without further or do, here is why cultural appropriation is bad.

Alright let's set things in, okay? If you're not Latinx, don't put on "Day of the Dead" make up or dress up for that for Halloween. First of all, it is so disrespectful to all the Latinxs that celebrate it. You do not celebrate the event, and a lot of the people who do put it on arent even that educated on the celebracion and why we celebrate it. El Dia De Los Muertos [dont give me and "day of the dead" shit ITS DIA DE LOS MUERTOS] is NOT about celebrating death. If you don't know that simple fact, dont wear the fucking make up. We're celebrating the LIVES of those who are dead. Just don't do it. I dont care if you think its beautiful, I dont care if its your asthetic, JUST DONT DO IT.

More on why it's bad: for centuries, when POC show any of their culture to White people, we are made fun of and looked down upon. I bring my Tamales to lunch one day? White girls crowding around me with faces of disgust. Years later theyre telling me how much they LOVE tamales, and theyre not even pronouncing it right. When POC do it, its frowned upon by White people and seen as gross. When White people? Wow!! So beautiful!! BLESS HER WOW!!!!

Same thing with dreads/afros. I know what Im gonna get: "DREADS WERENT INVENTED BY BLACK PEOPLE BLAH BLAH BLAH VIKINGS HAD THEM TOO BLAH"

aight, get your facts straight. Vikings did NOT have dreads, they had something else, not exactly dreads. They used mud or something but it wasnt dreads. Same thing above, Black people get picked on and if we're getting realer, shot and kicked out of schools simply because theyre wearing dreads. kylie Jenner gets dreads? Wow, so cool! Really edgy!!!

And same thing with bindi's. There's mixed opinions about this one cuz some Hindu's don't care, some do. But really, if you're not Hindu don't do it? Honestly you can live without it???

and then we get "OKAY BUT THINGS CANT BELONG TO ONE CERTAIN RACE. HOW IS THAT GONNA GIVE US RACE EQUALITY???"

you're missing the fucking point. If you honestly thought this, READ THE ABOVE TEXT AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND.

It will give us race equality when you learn to respect our cultures instead of taking it. 

"but we've always intergrated cultures! So are you against Rock music too???"

um...yeah. The Blues was created during the times of slavery where White people literally...saw Black people as...slaves...

What happens next? Rock music adaps from the Blues! And who takes the crown of the King of rock? Elvis! A WHITE MAN! THERES WHITE PEOPLE STEALING POC'S CREATIONS AGAIN :-)

argument with me all you want but the more you say "not all white people" the harder it is for me to believe it *sips tea*