Part 35

My whole body goes numb but Peter holds me tight enough not to fall. My father and I stare into each other's eyes, all I see is hatred toward me. I'm sure my eyes reflect hat feeling back at him as he just scrawl further.

"How the fuck did you get out?" Jack ask with an attitude.

"That doesn't matter." Alan answer then point his gun toward Jack. The women gasps and the men just shields their wifes.

"Let the other people go." Peter says shoving me further behind him.

I see Mr. McGregor smile and walk toward us, Alan and my father also walk closer. When Greg is in front of us he holds his gun upward and fire. I flinch at the sound, my eardrums make a strange buzz sound and I feel off balance but Peter still has a tight grip on me.

All the people in the house start screaming again and run out the doors, it's only the three men, Jack, Peter and myself still standing in our spots.

I'm getting anxious as they all stare at each other.

"We just want the lady Peter, hand her over and it's all over." Greg says to him but keeps his eyes on me looking me up and down.

"Never." Peter says coldly.

"Only one choice left." My father says.

There's an uncomfortable silence between us and it's getting quite annoying to be honest, they want me but ain't getting me but they also won't leave. The three men look sideways at each other then Peter grip my hand tightly then releases.

"Run!" He shout over his shoulder seconds before gun shots fills my ears making it hurt even more.

I do as Peter says and run for my life. I kick off my shoes as I run out the house. I have no idea where to go so I just run into a field behind the house. I hear gunshots getting near me and try to glance behind me. I only see blonde and know thay Alan is chasing behind me.

My dress gets dirty and I almost fell while stepping on it so I grab the bottom and held it tight with one hand at my hip. I pick up pace and see that I put some distance between us.

The field gets less and I start running on gravel, there is a road not too far from me but there comes another gunshot and hit right next to me, Alan is getting closer now that there's no obstacles between us.

I see there's a lot of trees and long grass at the opposite side of the road so I push myself to run faster, to get across the road and into the trees where he won't see me that clearly. I get across the road with gunshots firing past or just next to me every second.

I sprint with my bare feet through the grass and sticks that poke into my flesh, it hurts but I have to keep running. I hit my toe on a rock and I fall to the ground but I ignore the pain and stand up as fast as I could to keep running.

The branches scratches my face, arms, legs and I can even feel on my back is also scratches from when I turn to see how far away I am from Alan. I turn one more time and see nothing, I run a little slower then comes to a stop. With my hands on my knees I try to focus hard if I see Alan but I see nothing and hear nothing accept my hart that hammers against my ribcage and my fast breathing. I think I'm hyperventilating.

I close my eyes for a minute and sit against a nearby tree to catch my breath and to calm down my shaking body.

My dress is ripped and full of blood where the branches scratched me, I pull hard at the bottom of the fabric of my dress then rips it off so that the dress is shorter, it sits under my knees now.

I stand up and look around me to see if I can get a clue to where I am and where I should go but all I see is trees and more trees.

A sound of a stick breaking causes me to turn around and I see Alan coming toward me but he haven't seen me yet, he walks with his back toward me and I duck behind a big tree that has fallen down. Footsteps gets closer.

Thud!

He sprang onto the tree and it press down on the one side of my body, I feel how the bark scrape my head and my elbow.

I hiss in pain but cover my mouth with my hand hoping he didn't hear me. He jumps off and is now standing right in front of me, if he turns around I'm dead. I lay silently looking up at him and he turns sideways away from me and start walking. I take this as my chance and stand up but he hears the ruffling sound of dead, dried out leaves then turn around pointing his gun toward me.

I jump over the tree and hide as he start firing at me.

"Alan!" I hear my fathers voice and my body goes numb.

Where is Peter and Jack? We're they alright? Are they coming to rescue me? Different questions and thoughts went through my head then I feel a strong hand gripping my arm lifting me up into the air.

"Let go of me!" I shout and slap my father hard on his chest.

Alan comes towards me and then grab my hands and bind them behind my back with a rope.

"I'm sorry." I hear my father say then the bottom of his rifle hits me solid on the nose making me black out.