Part 27

Another week has passed and I'm near full recovery. The doctor said that I'll have back pains during the night so I'll have to take it easy during the day and make sure that I don't bump against anything because if the infection comes back I might not make it again.

I moved into the same room as Peter and he really takes care of me. We talked about where our relationship stands and also the consequences of it.

We both said to take it slow but what happens, happens.

I walk down the path through the beautiful rose trees. Every tree has a different color of roses, they are absolutely stunning.

The sun shines brighter today than others but the wind blows light to break the high temperature.

"Hey." I hear from behind me and see Sarah.

"Hey life saver." I joke and she smile at me.

"Kate, are you really okay?" She ask with concern in her voice.

"Yes I'm perfectly fine." I smile and squeeze her hand.

She walked with me further down the path and we talked the whole time, I like her a lot. We have so many things in common that I think she could really become a good friend.

We walked back to the house then she excuses herself to have a chat with Jack about medical supplies they had to get.

I think it's a very good thing he has going for himself here.

I walk to my room and see Peter stomp out of the bathroom, his face is so red that I fear a vein might pop.

"What's wrong?" I ask sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Nothing." He replies and walk over to the window.

I've really had enough of this. He pamper me every day but when it comes to feelings and what bothers him he shuts me out completely and if he wants me that bad to be in his life he had to sacrifice his ego.

I stand up and walk out of the room slamming the door hard behind me.

The day passed rather quickly. Jack, Sarah, the two doctors, four people I've never seen, Peter and I sit at an enormous table to have dinner.

Everyone made small talk, I talked the most to Sarah as she was the only woman here but I see Peter looking at me from time to time. I haven't talked to him since this afternoon and I won't until he understands how this silence effects me. I need to know things as well.

After we ate I volunteered to help with cleaning but the maids literally banned me from the kitchen saying they had more than enough help.

Now I'm sitting outside on the balcony of our room watching the stars.

The chair is comfortable so I close my eyes to savor this moment but jump out of my skin when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Fuck!" I curse.

"Sorry." Peter says with a small smile.

I don't return his smile and I see that bothers him quite a lot, he takes a seat next to me also looking up at the sky.

"I've cut off one of my fathers best guards finger." He says and I stare at him in surprise.

"I killed three quarters of his men and now he and Alan are angrier than ever before. They want revenge Kate, they won't stop until they have you and killed me." He continue but still watch the stars.

His green eyes shine bright in the night sky.

"We have two options, I'd like to do both but it's all your choice." He wisper and for the first time our eyes lock.

I stare at him waiting for him to continue but he never does.

He stand up holding his hand out for me and I take it. He drags me behind him out of our room, downstairs, then out of the house. I keep my mouth shut not wanting to ruin whatever he's doing. We walk toward the lake but then he pushes some bushes away with his other hand and we go into the darker part of the yard.

It's creepy but I know that Peter won't hurt me anymore. He stop after a few more minutes of waking then he tugs my hand so that I move to stand in front of him. I turn my head and look at him confused, I don't understand what he's showing me but then he turns my head toward the water and I notice small movements. I take a few steps toward the water not making too much sound.

Then I see them. It's about fifteen small ducks that roam the waters. The babies are adorable, they clap their wings and dive underwater.

"Kate." Peter say soft from behind me and I turn to look him in the eyes.

It's dark outside but I can make out some parts of his face as the moon shines through the branches.

"I'm bad with words and even worse when it comes to feelings. The two choices you have is either we move, I'm not sure to where then you can begin your life from the start or  you can stay here just a few months more then you'll be free to go but I'm going to kill everyone of them so no matter what you choose, you'll be save." He says and lets a finger trace down my cheek.

"Where are you going?" I wisper.

"I don't know, that's also kind of your choice." Peter lets his hand down and look at the ground.

"Peter, I want you in my life but if you're also serious about this then nothing as an answer won't be acceptable anymore, let me in for the last time." I say seriously.

"To show you I'm serious I've got something to ask you." He says and I keep quiet. "Kate, will you be my girlfriend?"

I laugh loudly but then cusp his face with both my hands.

"We're married silly." I say and give him a smile.

"I want it to be you're choice this time, we'll do it right." He says and holds me more tight around the waist pulling me into his chest.

"Well then I'll be honored to be your girlfriend." I smile.

We kissed each other under the stars and for the first time in a very long time I feel save and wanted.