[20]

Warning: Death.

HermitProtectionCult

AND OH MY F*CKING NOTCH THIS BOOK DOES NOT DESERVE 10K READS TAKE THEM BAAAACCCCKKKK-

^*^

A quill and paper.

It sat on his desk, taunting him.

Cub knew he needed to listen to Scar- Hels- whoever the hell it was now that used his friend's body.

He knew he needed to listen or he would die.

He knew Hels wouldn't hesitate to kill. The knight had already proven that with Joe...

Cub stopped himself mid-thought, crushing the paper in his hand.

The other paper.

Hels had requested a full document on all of the Hermits listing various things about them; name, age, birth place, base location, etc.

He didn't know why.

The other paper, though. The one on his desk... He had written down a note.

A suicide note.

A note for Scar.

Just in case, he kept telling himself.

Just in case, he thought as he picked it up, folding it.

"Just in case," he whispered, tucking it into his pocket.

He didn't have time to whisper the mantra again when someone banged on his door.

And to no surprise of his, it was Hels.

But to his surprise, Hels was Hels, not Scar.

"Hels," he said, flattening out the paper he had 'accidentally' crushed.

"Come. Now." Hels marched out without another word, Cub standing from his desk and running after him.

"Wh-Where's Scar?"

"Away."

Huh. Seemed like Hels was in a bad mood.

He was always in a bad mood, but when he was in a bad mood, it was bad.

"Ok."

Lapsing into silence, Cub trailed after the evil knight, the two of them walking down the Main Street and into Grian's barge.

Cub shivered in the snowy outdoors. With the server flopped—more than normal, he added—no one had even dared to care about the weather.

Returning his attention to the present, he noticed that Hels was leading him to the entrance of Decked Out.

The streets were eerily quiet. No sounds of rockets being used, no creaking of chests. It was a ghost town. The snow didn't help either. Because it rarely snowed on mooshroom islands, and the islands were of the tropical type, there was a weird fog hanging in the air. But somehow the snow still made it to the ground.

Somehow...

Cub and Hels came to a stop at the giant ravager head. "What I'm about to do is going to secure us victory, Cub. It's going to win this war." And Hels descended the crumbling stairs.

Cub stayed put, the pharaoh wrapping his lab coat tighter around his body, trying to keep in some of the heat.

He did a mental check list of the Hermits: