Sally's Playdate

Sally Williams was a highly popular girl when she was alive. She was friends with everyone in her grade and all the neighborhood kids loved her.

So, when Sally attempted to make friends with Eri, she thought it was business as usual.

She was wrong. So, very, very wrong.

Sally's first attempt was writing letters to Eri. Sally talked about anything and everything she could think of in her letters. She even managed to convince Slenderman to let her tell Eri that they were from another world.

Sally never got a response.

Next, Sally sent her teddy bear (the only one of her stuffed animals that could talk) to check up on Eri.

There wasn't a single way for the child to draw or write.

So, Sally sent extra paper and a box of crayons with her little messenger, that was the first time Sally got a response from Eri.

Soon enough, the two girls were writing back and forth to each other almost every day.

A month into writing to her new friend, Sally decided to ask the question that had been bugging her for weeks now.

Eri!

Hi! It's Sally!

Before I get into how my day went today, I have a really important question for you:

Are we friends?

Because, I'd like to think we're friends, but I thought I'd ask you about it first.

Anywho, my day was pretty good! I got to save a few more kids like you today, or, well, last night, would be more accurate. Don't worry, though! My family and me are coming to rescue you soon! Only a month more and we'll be able to come get you.

Moving on, I got a new stuffed animal. He reminds me of you. Mr. Slendy says that he's a narwhal. He's a big fish with a horn on his forehead, just like you! I named him Eric, kinda sounds similar to Eri, huh?

Hope to see you soon! I'll send Ben to keep you company tonight.

Love, Sally! <3

Eri stares at the colorful price of paper filled with grammatical errors.

Were they friends? Could she be friends with this mysterious girl on the other side of the paper?

Eri thought about that all throughout the day. She couldn't focus on anything. She was punished for this, of course. But, she just couldn't force herself to just pay attention to anything but the question her... Friend? Acquaintance? Ally? Sally. That Sally posed. Were they friends?

By the end of the day, Eri had decided, that yes. Yes they were friends. Sally was her first ever friend. Her best friend. The person that was going to rescue her. Her hero.

Sally, meanwhile was very nervous. Mittens, the stuffed cat she sent to deliver her message to Eri and who brought Eri's reply back, has yet to return and the sun is setting.

"BEN!!!" Sally cries, scurrying around her room, collecting her battle ready toys. "I NEED A FAVOR!"

Quickly enough, Ben Drowned appeared next to the little girl preparing for war.

"What's up, Sal?"

"Eri hasn't responded yet. I need to go check up on her. She's my friend and I can help." Sally states, clutching onto Charlie, the teddy bear already riled up from her emotions, and razor sharp little claws claw into the fabric of the toy's arms.

Ben nods his head looking up and down at Sally. "Nothing I say will change your mind, will it?"

"Nope." Sally hums, smirking lightly.

Ben sighs and shrugs. "Not my problem, kid. That's up to Slender."

"Dad already said that I can keep Eri safe. That's what I'm doing." Sally states.

Ben rolls his eyes but quickly gives up fighting the kid. "Fine, but if you get caught, it's on you."

"Of course!" Sally dismisses easily.

Soon enough Sally was standing in Eri's room with Ben. the security camera in the room glitching out.

Sally grins and bounces over to the girl, only to realize the other girl was passed out from blood loss.

Sally immediately grabbed the girl and handed her to Ben. "Take her home. Now. Please? I'm going to stay here with Charlie and rip this place up.

Ben glanced down at the girl bleeding him his arms and finally decided to help her. The girl's situation was far too similar to Sally's to ignore.

With that thought in mind, Ben glitched out of the area right into Masky's room. "Tim, can you help me patch her up. I'mma go pick up Sa-"

"Don't worry about it." Tim interrupts. "Brian's gonna go pick up Sally and her toys."

"Then let's get to work."

By the time Brian arrives at the compound, Sally is fighting with several members. And while most of the hot shots were out right now, that's still a lot for a single little girl to handle on her own. So, Brian walks out of Sally's shadow and clears his throat.

"Sally, time to go home."

Sally pouts, but takes Hoodie's hand and fades into the shadows with him, leaving the compound in ruin essentially.

It was two days later when Eri woke up. Ann, Jeff, and Ben were playing videogames in the living room. EJ was out grabbing more food for himself, and Jane was reading a book in the kitchen while Tim and Brian we're cooking food for the group. That left Slenderman and Sally in Eri's room when she woke up.

Sally smiled excitedly, but Slender placed a hand on her shoulder in a silent command to stay quiet.

"Good morning, Eri. My name is Slenderman. And this is Sally."

Eri's eyes widen, and she immediately sits up, quickly brushing off the dizziness that brought her, and hugged Sally, crying.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Eri sobbed.

Sally grins and burrows her face in Eri's hair. "Of course. What are friends for? Heck! You might as well be family soon! You're going to be living with us!"

"Family?" Eri asks, tilting her head.

"Mhm! Family!"

"But, you're not my sister, mom, dad, or brother?" Eri continues confusedly.

"Well, I'll be your sister soon. Dad is going to "adopt" you." Sally explains happily. "And you'll go to school with me and-"

"No!" Eri shouts. "I can't! I'm not normal, I might kill you and-"

"Pft-" Sally laughs. "You can't kill me! I'm already dead! See?" She starts, pointing to her bleeding forehead.

After much discussion, Eri eventually settled down. Slenderman could cancel out her quirk as long as she was within his forest.

This eventually made Eri settle and made her think: 'maybe this family thing isn't so bad.'