Chapter 20 - Royal Rumble

It's been a few weeks since the New Years Eve Party and Saraya's mood has definitely improved but she still wasn't herself. She was drinking a lot more and spending less and less time with me and the other divas in the locker room, which wasn't her. Victoria had spoken to me about the whole thing but at the end of the day, what can we do, Saraya was a grown woman who can make her own decisions. Whatever it was she was going through I knew I would be there for her whenever she was ready to talk or whenever it falls apart whatever it may be.

I had just finished my conversation with Nikki via Facetime. I was missing her energy backstage and the support I felt when she was around. We were talking about her injury and how she was coping to how I was finding riding with Brie who was my new riding partner as Jon and I were booked for different House Shows so we only got to see each other at either RAW or Smackdown which I hated because I missed him but that's our work life for you.

Tonight was the 2016 Royal Rumble. Jon was in a Last Man Standing match with Kevin Owens for his Intercontinental Championship so of course I was here in Orlando to support him. The atmosphere backstage was electric, that's what I loved most about working for the WWE the excitement you felt just from being back stage was unreal. It made you feel alive.

"TV Room?" Brie asked walking up next to me, a bowl of fruit in her hands. I glanced over at her briefly nodding my head as we turned the corner making our way to the TV room. It was honestly the only place to be backstage. It was where everyone hangs out, male and female, crew and superstar. "How's Nikki?"

"Bored" I sigh shoving my phone into my back pocket. "She wants to get back into the ring so bad. I don't know what to say to her sometimes, I don't want to rub it in her face that I can wrestle and she can't."

"I know, I feel the same and it is horrible. She really misses it and the fact that I am still here is killing her. We always said we would do everything together and well here we are apart."

"I couldn't imagine what she is going through. At least you both have back up plans though so if this doesn't work out at least you can fall back on your clothing line."

"That is true. Have you ever thought about getting into something other than wrestling?"

"Brie, I wouldn't even know what to get into. Since I was six all I done was fight."

"You were wrestling since you were six?" Brie asked wide eyed making me laugh shaking my head.

"No, I did martial arts. I started with Jui Jitsu before going into Kung Fu and Judo. I did that for years up until I was thirteen. That's when I moved to Dublin to pursue wrestling and well after a few years here I am."

"That's incredible, how did I not know that? Have you any belts?"

"I thought everyone knew." I laughed slightly confused because I remember telling Nikki, Brie and Nattie that day at lunch when I first met them but maybe she just forgot. It happens. "I had a black belt in Jiu Jitsu and Kung Fu and a 2nd Dan in Judo but I haven't practiced in years so I don't hold myself to that calibre anymore. I still have the belts at home but I don't feel worthy of them"

"Why didn't you keep it up?"

"I put all my attention in to making it here in the WWE that it just kind of took a backseat. I was going to begin again before my title run but that wasn't to be."

"You should definitely look into doing it again, especially if you were that good and maybe one day you could teach it to people." Brie smiles over at me as we took two seats next to Nattie who was scrolling through her phone.

"I want to start it again. I've just continued to put it off constantly due to laziness and fear."

"DO IT." Brie yelled at me with a laugh, shoving me slightly to the side.