Chapter Eight

~ Kristina's POV ~

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

I sit, stiff and awkward across my from my father who looks just as tense. We hadn't spoken since I'd arrived.

Once I'd left the packs infirmary I was escorted to my fathers house by the beta - Nico - and a few other members of my fathers pack. Then I was lead to where he awaited me in his office. The walk over had been silent also, but this was too silent, almost unbearable.

I shifted uncomfortably under my fathers scrutiny. His eyes just focused on my form, breathing everything in and studying it.

I clear my throat and look away from him and down at my hands which were fingering at my dress. "So," I say, being the first to break the quiet. That seemed to snap him out of his stupor too because he leaned back in his chair, a slight frown on his face. "Did you uh, did you want to ask something?"

His eyes flicker over my face a few times before he answers. "I just," He sighs. "How is this possible?" My eyes go wide. He wanted me to give him the talk? Oh hell no!

"Uh, s-surely you should, um, know about that. I mean, you sorta did it." I stutter out, the tips of my ears going red from embarrassment.

It was his turn for his eyes to widen as he stared at me and I felt myself flush. Okay then, that wasn't what he meant. Right. . .

"Uh, no, I know but. . ." He trails off, deep in thought. I tap a finger against my leg steadily as I gaze around his office. I hadn't been paying attention to the details before but I was very orderly.

Behind my chair - which was opposite my fathers desk - there were at least five rows of book cases filled with thousands of books. Shelves lined the walls behind my fathers desk, holding small bits and pieces of china ordainments and pictures frames. The desk opposite me was a large red oak one and it concealed the bottom of my fathers swirly, leather high backed chair.

"She never told me," He finishes. I shifted, once again I was feeling uncomfortable. I had the suspicion that feeling would stay with me for a while. "Why? Why didn't she tell me?" He didn't sound angry, just upset. It was the sound of a broken man.

"Um, with all due respect," I start, twiddling with my fingers which were still planted in my lap. I was unable to keep still. He looked at me, his blue eyes were intense as he waited for me to speak. "I don't think you were on much of a talking basis."

He nods, like he expected that but he still took it in. "But, why didn't she come back? She knew where I was, her family is here. Why didn't she at least call me? It's been sixteen years." He was staring off into space looking hurt and unfocused. I looked away, giving him time to compose himself.

"Maybe she'll visit sometime?" I say unsurely, then is instantly felt bad for giving him false hope. My mom didn't even want to see him. Just talking to him was a stretch and a huge leap for her.

"Maybe." He agrees, not looking like he believed my words. It went silent after that, only this time it wasn't uncomfortable. He cleared his throat suddenly and returned his attention to me. "You're Kristina?" He asks, needing conformation.

"Yes."

"It's a beautiful name." He compliments, looking genuine. I smile and thank him gratefully. "What's your full name?"

"Kristina Elle-Rose Lewis."

He nods, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Rose is my mothers name." He tells me, a small glint in his eyes. I smile, maybe mom did want me to be apart of him too.