22.

I looked around in the small car trunk to find something that can help me get out. The driver kept increasing the speed which made it difficult for me to keep track of where I was being taken away because of my own foolishness. Someone said it correct - when our bad time starts, our brain stops working.

I silently traced my hands around and witnessed a few leather bags kept aside. Pulling them closer, I made sure that I don't cough or sneeze due to cold or dust. My heavy clothes were making it even more difficult for me to move.

The bags had locks which kept them air tight. But Ye Jun's tricky brain has sharpened my mind. I took out a hair pin and slid it inside the small locks. After failing in the first few attempts, it finally got unlocked. Keeping this in mind that I don't have to make any noise, I opened the zip.

My eyes opened wide when I peeked inside.

The bag was full of red pills, the same I take when in stress. I took one in my hand and broke the capsule into two. The same white powder came out of it.

"Hello? Yes, I am on the way," the driver received a call.

I sealed my mouth as I don't want to be caught. It's already too late. Even if I surrender and get out of the trunk, the driver won't believe me and then I'll be behind the bars in case of stealing his car or capsules.

"Don't worry, his chapter will close very soon," the driver continued. "She is doing fine I will make sure she never knows about it."

I am scared that an illegal work is going around. If my intentions are true then I won't be alive for long. Just pray that I am able to see tomorrow's sun with my own eyes.

"What! He tried to call again? I won't be able to control myself if he causes any more trouble," he shouted on call which made me flinch. "That bastard needs to be killed before she gets back her--"

Damn! I sneezed!

The car stopped and he kept the call on hold.

"Whose there?", his deep dark voice asked and I screamed internally.

He turned on the keys once again when got no reply.

"Must be a cat," he returned back to the call. "This old man is getting on my nerves. I am telling you, this is his last winter. I've had enough of his drama all these years."

I searched for my phone in my tight jeans pocket. It was switched off when my hands touched it. I opened it at once, hoping I would be able to contact police or someone but signal was not available.

"Fuck these mobile networks!", he said and harshly threw the phone on the back seat. I am sure it must be broke till now.

I have never felt nervousness of this level. If this person can kill anyone then why will he leave me? I have definitely made a huge mess this time. Please someone save me.

"I can't lose her. Not at any cost!", he growled. I could feel the car changing gears.

Meanwhile, me being fully drenched with cold sweat in fear and about to faint, is mentally singing all religious hymns I know. There must be some God who will listen and show some mercy on his child.

"This dipstick dork will destroy my whole plan!", he hit the steering wheel at the speed breaker.

The car jumped and so did I as my body is in contact with it. This is called inertia of motion.

"If this jerk didn't take the pills on time then I will lose my ace," he continued. "I love her. I fucking love her for god's sake!! I have spent my everything for her but that slut!!"

My ears will bleed if I hear him swearing once again. My teeth are chattering with bitter cold weather and instead of being in a blanket or on a date with Ye Jun, I am stuck in a car of a criminal! Why my life has to be like this?

I take out the pill and read it's name once again.

I was right. It is the same pill and I don't have any other doubt. But wait....I got these pills from my mom.

Does that mean...she is also involved in it?

For the first time I decided to trust her but I was wrong once again. I am not shocked anymore. It's my habit of getting deceived by her. What can we even expect from a bitch? She first murdered my dad and made it look like a suicide, and now she is drugging her own daughter.

All I want as a winter gift from her is these pills in her coffin tonight.

I swallowed my saliva and drank my tears as a starter since I didn't even munched on chips today. Poor Ye Jun, he must be finding me everywhere and crying like crazy. I am sorry.

Wait a sec! Is that why my mom came here? I mean, is there a chance that she came to meet this guy about some drug dealing matter?

But if that's the case then which woman he is talking about? Don't tell me that he is secretly drugging my mom too! But this can't be possible because if seen from another angle, my mom can be the mastermind behind all this ruckus.

And why the hell she will drug me?

Wait...

Is it to make me.....forget everything?

I smelled the 'drug' once again but nothing felt suspicious. They could be simple stress relief pills, right? Am I overthinking?

My mind is not working properly. Everything is getting mixed up. My eyes are getting blur due to intense cold and suffocation at the same time. If I am not taken out at time then it won't take long to be my last winter.

I have not been taking medicines on time lately.

I remember Ye Jun.

I sometimes even know what happened yesterday and recognise people without checking my diary.

I am made to forget things.

I don't have amnesia.

Right?

My overthinking got a sudden break when the car stopped with full speed. I can definitely drive better than him. At least my driving won't hurt thieves hidden in my car.

The car made a beeping sound and the gates opened. Finally that scary man got out. The car has black windows which are helpful in winters as they trap heat inside and act as insulators, but these black glasses are a curse to me now. I don't have any idea where we are at this time.

After sometime when I heard no sound and felt human absence, I pushed the gate with all the force left with me. Apply a little more pressure!

Somehow the door opened and I fell on the ground and broke my vertebral column. No doubt.

I cried in pain, hunger, lack of oxygen, food, water and fear.

I hit my head to get back my senses and glanced in all the directions. It was once again a basement but a different one. Darkness wrapped me like a sushi. Not even a single bulb was lighted. Don't they have civic sense? They should know how important thing Sir Thomas Alva Edison gifted us.

I rubbed my eyes to see more clearly in this pitch black place.

"Where am I?"