017. WHAT ABOUT DESTINY?

Start from the beginning

                         Annabeth shrugged a small teasing smile on her lips, "Someone has to keep her out of trouble. Might as well be me."

                         Aurora's siblings laughed causing the young girl to blush a deep crimson.

                         Natalie patted her on the shoulder, "Come on," she urged. "The others are excited to see you," she suddenly paused. "Just . . . Don't get upset when you see your room."

                         "What did you do?"

                         "We slept in it," Kaiya intervened.

                         "Why?"

                         " . . . It's comfortable."

                         Silena scoffed at her siblings and began pulling them down the hill towards the Camp, "Come on, Rory."

                         Running past the volleyball court and towards the cabins, Aurora paid no mind to the campers that stopped at stared at the giggling four. She was living on a high, a high that was being surrounded by family—living another day. The feeling of happiness only intensified when she stumbled up the steps of the Aphrodite cabin—her second favorite place in camp and barged inside where her siblings all danced and cheered at her arrival.

                         Those, oh, so beautiful pride flags on the wall stood proud and tall . . . Just as she remembered. The lavender smell flooded her senses, easing her mind and sending it into the first calm she had been in since the beginning of her quest.

                         𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒊𝒅𝒆.

                         For a moment, she desperately wanted to live in that moment. Where her father was fine and safe, where her siblings were joyous, and where she was surrounded by happiness—but she couldn't help but worry.

                         Percy had still not made it back yet, so she had no idea I'd he succeeded or not. She could only hope he hadn't said anything remotely sarcastically or sassy on the way to Olympus so Happy wouldn't felt the need to drop him on the side of the rode without batting an eye.

                         With the worrisome thought in her mind and after the celebratory event took place in the cabin, she easily climbed up on the Poseidon Cabin hoping to all gods that the vile god wouldn't strike her down.

                         The cabin was placed right next to the Canoe Lake, and from her view she was overlooking the beautiful ripples of water without a care in the world.

                         She must have been rooted in her spot for more than thirty minutes before she heard the creaking of wood next to her, and a body sit down alongside of her.

                         "Wouldn't he consider this disrespectful?" Percy questioned. He too was looking at the lake. "I mean, you're Aphrodite's daughter."

                         Aurora shrugged an amused smiled toying on her lips, "No offense to you, ocean eyes. But your father lost my respect a long time ago."