lunar eclipse

lucy

I ran. Faster that I've ever done, with tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I couldn't take anything anymore, there was so much I've been keeping inside me for so long that it's making its way out. Everything I wanted and needed right now was to leave without looking back, which I did.

I didn't even bother on grabbing any clothes or saying my goodbyes, I wanted to leave without getting caught. Why would Madi do that? If she knew me well, she'll know that I would want her to fight, for me, for us. That's not my sister.

After a while, my legs started to get tired; which was somehow a good thing considering I had got to where I first planned to go. I walked further into the beach until I finally found the rock statue, so I sat there for a while. After thinking of everything and anything, I decided to make the key signal so they could come get me.

It's as if I belonged with Luna and her people, they don't fight, just like me. Not in Elysian, not in Trikru, not in Polis. All of those places are literally the home of every good warrior. Since it was clear I would never become one, why not live somewhere I don't feel like an outsider. There wasn't anything else I could do now, my pride is too much of a problem if I even considered returning home, so why not?

"Who are you?" The guards that bring the boat asked me. " I am from Elysian, the new village. I come for safe passage into your clan." Secret identity could work to start over, no names Lucy, no names. They nodded and took me with them after I drank the serum they gave me and passed out.

Once again, the sun was flashing in my face, making me squint my eyes, as if the sun would fade away. I opened them and I was in a container, weird. "Uhm, hello?" I came closer to one side and started talking, maybe someone will hear me. It seemed to have worked because the doors opened, revealing a young woman. She had big, brown, curly hair which reminded me of... Luna.

"Who are you?" The woman came closer to me. She didn't recognize me probably, fair enough, haven't seen each other in 12 years.

"Luna... it's me.. it's me Lucy." Her eyes widened as she walked closer and closer to me, she removed a strand of my hair that was covering my face since I was recently on the floor.

"Oh my god." She whispered pulling me in for a hug after analyzing every si gel detail in my face. "Wait, why are you here? Is Lexa okay? Please don't tell me..." she let good the hug and grabbed me by my shoulders.

"No, no, everything is fine, was fine." I muttered to myself the last part, unaware she had heard it perfectly but didn't questioned me.

She shook her head lightly and smiled, "Come, let's get a drink." I followed her out of the container and finally smelled the fresh air. The breeze, the view, and the smell, this place is magical.

We got to a small bar and got some drinks, not alcohol of course, as much as I wanted, Luna would never let me. We drank some kind of fruit juice they had, it was really good. There was some essence of grape in it that really stood out.

"Now, tell me. Why are you really here?" She questioned me once again.

"Can't I visit you after a whole decade? Missed my favorite aunt." She had a close friendship with Lexa, so she's practically family.

"I'll pass it for now, but sooner or later you're going to have to tell me why."

"Yeah,  later sounds good." I smiled while she chuckled. Luna then excused herself saying she had a really important meeting she had to attend to,but also mentioned to not hesitate if I needed her help. I reassured her I was going to be okay and let her go. There was someone talking in the bar, it was a girl, probably a few years older than me. She was talking about an experience she had, it was interesting. The girl finished her story and everyone, including myself, started clapping.