sisterhood

third person

Anya found herself partly drifting to sleep too, and as much as she wanted to go to sleep in her own bed, she promised the girl next to her she would stay, so she did.

After about half an hour of her going back and forth between sleep, some noises right outside Lucy's tent woke her completely up. She blinked a few times to fully awake herself until two figures came into view, Clarke and Lexa. She sighed knowing damn well the hurt they had caused to the little girl.

"She's okay" Anya quietly said, the three of them looking at the sleeping girl. Clarke took a seat in a chair next to the bed and Lexa got closer to her daughter, gently stroking her cheek.

"Here," Anya said trying to stand up, "take my place." Just as the bed shuffled because of the change in weight, Lucy started to move as well. Her body tried to unconsciously find Anya's, but the woman only grabbed her hand and whispered a soft 'I'm here' in her ear and the child's figure instantly relaxed. The couple looked at the scene in front of them with sad eyes, wishing it was them the ones she didn't wanted to let go of.

Lexa sat right were Anya was, her arm found its way to Lucy's head and started making caressing her hair slowly. Clarke had made it to the bed too, sitting on the other side next to her daughter. Anya sat in the chair where Clarke was a few moments ago.

"So, what did happen?" Anya spoke up breaking the awkward, depressing silence that had formed.

Clarke sighed and turned to face to the woman who had just spoke. "She knows she can't fight." She looked back at the smaller sleepy brunette.

"That I know, but how did she even found out?"

"It was my fault, I should've never mentioned the trainings..." Clarke explained feeling extremely regretful as her eyes started welling up with tears. "I don't know what happened, it's as if the words slipped right outside my mouth and I couldn't stop them." Lexa shifter her gaze to meet Clarke's and grabbed her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"It wasn't your fault, my love." Lexa told her.

"Does she know why?" Anya asked them once again, they looked at each other and then back to her, shaking their heads.

"Well what are you going to do now? I mean, you've kept it a secret for her. It's been 14 years, she deserves to know, you know?."

Lexa sighed and nodded. "I don't think I'll ever be ready to tell her. Worst part is, it's not even her fault. I know she can defend herself and fight if she has to, but, Anya, I cannot let her die. She's just so so special, and I won't let her fight to death if I can prevent that. Because I know I'll protect her and keep them both safe," she started explaining with watery eyes. "But then again, I'm not that worried about Madi because I know she can, she was born to do this. But not her. And I won't risk it."

Anya's face turned into a sad frown as she just nodded and walked away, deciding it was best for her to stay out in the decisions they both had to make.

Clarke and Lexa stayed quiet for a moment. Thinking about how to tell her, how to tell her daughter the reason she can't fight is because they are so afraid to loose her once again. But they had to do it.

They both fell asleep after thinking and thinking about it in complete silence.

~~~~~

lucy

I woke up to a ray of sun hitting my face. There was someone holding me, two someones to be exact.

'Seriously?'