Lies

We end up at a local ice cream place, sitting at a table quietly.

Tom is the only one speaking, and he's telling me about film he worked on, but Sherlock hasn't spoken, nor has he touched his frozen dessert yet.

Then, Tom gets a phone call.

He talks for a bit, and hangs up.

"Guys, I have to go help my sister get her cat out of the bathroom." He rolls his eyes, smiling.

So random.

"Oh." I blink a few times.

"Yea, I'll see you later then? If you need anything call me, alright darling?" He kisses my forehead.

I nod, as he waves bye to Sherlock, who just sits there quietly, eyes fixed on the table.

After Tom has left, there is a very awkward silence.

I try to think of something to say. Anything to break the tension between us, before I realize I'm staring at him, and he's staring back.

"Sherlock." I say.

"Yes?" He answers softly.

"Can you tell me...the reason you left?" I ask, careful with my choice of words.

He sighs, and looks down.

"I should be asking you..." He mumbles.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"For God's sake! The sudden cravings, throwing up after each meal? I'm not blind, Y/N!" He says loudly, slamming his fist on the table.

"What...?" I stare at him, confused.

"You didn't have to lie about the painkillers..." He hides his face in his hands.

"I don't understand...I didn't lie to you about anything..." I tell him.

"Have I done anything that upset you, that made you go and do this?" He frowns.

"Do what?" I ask, becoming irritated.

He stares at me sadly.

"You can't hide your pregnancy from me forever, Y/N." Sherlock says.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I raise my brows.

"You're pregnant...and it's Tom's..." He sniffs.

"Really?" I look down at my stomach and begin to poke it.

"Stop, you could hurt it." His eyes widen.

I look at him and smile.

"What...what is it?" He looks at me confused.

"Oh, you thought...okay." I sigh in relief, as I put another scoop of ice cream in my mouth.

He continues to stare at me, with a confused expression.

"I'm not pregnant. I don't know who gave you that information, but I know I'm not pregnant." I tell him.

"But, your mum said--" He tried to say.

"She wants me to marry Tom. I wouldn't be surprised if she fed you lies about me and him." I interrupt.

"So, you're not pregnant?" He asks again.

I get up and do a cartwheel next to our table.

"I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do that if I was pregnant." I smile.

As he's deep in thought, I sit back down.

"Can we go back to normal...please?" I ask.

"I was just about to ask you..." He says, taking my hand and smiling.

"If anyone ever tells you something like that again, please promise to tell me first...don't just...leave." My voice cracks.

"I will never leave you like that again...no matter what." He stares intently at me.

"You better not..." My eyes start to tear up.

"I promise." He kisses my hand, while keeping his eyes fixed on me.