TBL has a new partner

Start from the beginning

Gail laughed.

"It better be for what I paid for it."

Matty put her drink on the end table and sat back.

"I have to ask, Gail. How are you?"

Gail took a deep breath.

"All things considered, I think I am okay. Haven't started taking antidepressants yet. I was shocked when I heard that Daddy was dead, but once I got here and all the facts started coming out, I was," Gail stopped and shook her head.

"Actually, Matty, I don't know what I was. 

I know that Daddy had a past and there had always been rumors of the things he had done."

She laughed slightly.

"Tuckamore Bay has Anchor Point, well, Lamont Ranch had Dead Man's Gully. Much the same. A lot of rumors, but no real facts.

But when I heard the facts about the lengths he had gone through, trying to destroy the Bay and then what he did to Simon."

Gail leaned forward and took a couple Kleenex from the box on the coffee table. She wiped her eyes, as she continued.

"I just couldn't believe it."

Matty got up from the love seat and hurried to her friends side, hugging her.

"I am so sorry, Gail."

Gail wiped her eyes again and took a deep breath.

"Really, Matty. It is okay."

She took several more facial tissues and wiped her eyes, as she stood.

"I just want to wipe my face."

Matty walked with her to the bathroom. Several minutes later, the two women returned.

"Feeling better?" 

"Much, Bill. Thank you," Gail said, as she sat again.

Matty took her drink and sat back by Gail again.

"If there is anything we can do, Gail, just ask."

Gail forced a smile

Gail forced a smile.

"Well, actually there is something I need to ask you."

"Ask away," Bill nodded, as he sat forward.

"Well. I am going back to Alberta in a couple days. I have instructed my lawyers to sell all of Daddy's assets."