"Coexist- ain't that what we been doin'? I respect you, we respect me yet we keep our distance. I'm fine wit' that."

Her tone wasn't sitting right with me. At all.

I don't really know what I was expecting out of this conversation, but I wasn't surprised with the route it was taking. But, I decided to be the bigger person and just let it go.

I smirked to myself and nodded, "Coo'. Good night," I took a bite of my cereal and went ahead and went back into my room. I wasn't gon' take it there with her. Not tonight, at least, but something told me it would happen.

Once my door was closed and locked, I went ahead and set my bowl down on my nightstand and I turned my lamp on before grabbing my pager and messaging Sincere.

I knew he was awake, and since he was on my mind, there was no time better than the present to reach out.

I finished eating my cereal as I waited for his response. Soon after, the phone started to ring and I quickly answered before it could disturb anyone else in the house.

"Hello?"

"Wassup? You done trippin' on me?"

I smacked my lips and sighed, "Wasn't nobody tripping on you,"

"Then what you call it?"

I paused for a moment, "Look— I just don't like how messy shit is getting and I'm tired of this distance between us," I admitted, putting a limit to the description of my current feelings. "I miss you," I confessed, getting in a more comfortable laying position.

"I miss you. Ima be out there tomorrow— well, a little later on and ima come scoop you and we'll chop it up then, aight?"

"Okay,"

"Aight. You remember last week I told you I wanted to take you somewhere this weekend?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I was just checkin' to see if you remembered. We not takin' a plane, though, So as soon as I scoop you, we gon' hit the road,"

"Damn, as soon as you scoop?"

"Yeah. You got a problem wit' that, Ms. Lady?" I smiled and shook my head, "Nah, I'm just talkin' shit, but that's cool."

"Good. Now, shouldn't you be sleep? You got class, don't you?"

"I do, but I've been having a hard time sleeping and I had you on the brain so now I'm up," I admitted, resting my chin in the palm of my hand, kicking my feet back and forth.

"How long you been having trouble sleeping?" I heard some shuffling on the other side of the call, along with the sound of something unzipping.

"Since I found out about Spencer's death," I admitted and I regretted it soon after because I just knew he was going to have some shit to talk.

"The Fuck? Why would you be feelin' any type of ill feelings towards that? Fuck that bitch ass nigga,"

"I don't know! I just— you know what? nevermind. Forget it,"