Chapter 17 - on high (continuation)

(b.y)

When Brett woke up everything around him seemed more grey. Than it was before, not that it was dimmer or something. That was the bad side of drugs. When you're on high like on high high everything is so bright and happy. And than when they are affecting your brain less it's so depressing. But gotta got up. And try to talk with Eddy. He could be suspecting something. Man, life was hard. Brett put his glasses on and ran his hand trough his hair. Okay, Brett, be valiant. Try to speak coherent at leats. He got up and walked through the door to see Eddy sitting in the kitchen with Brett's heroin in his hand. That cought Brett completely offguard.

"Good you are awake. We have to talk."

"Umm."

"Where to start... Maybe where were you?"

"In... in the club."

"Good. Who was there with you?"

"Noone. Noone you know."

"Okay. I think I don't know any person who takes drugs. No, wait. I know you." He pointed at Brett with his finger.

Brett just stood there not knowing what to say. He felt like a naughty child being scolded by parent.

"Could you please explain it to me?"

"What?"

"Why the fuck did you take this shit!! And who gave it to you?!?"

"A friend."

"Really? A friend? And how much did this FRIEND of yours get for it?"

"..."

"Yea, I don't wanna know. You could probably buy a new violin for this."

"I'm sorry..." the tear ran Brett's cheek.

"You are sorry??? You are sorry?!! And for who you are sorry? Say sorry to yourself. You really want to die?  "

Brett shook his head.

"No? So what the fuck are you doing? Smoking, taking this shit? What else, huh? Maybe you'll just stop eating? Or using belt in the car? Or try some extreme sports? Brett, come to your senses!!!"

"Where is the rest of it?"

"What?"

"The rest. Of this drug."

"I threw it up."

"What?"

"I threw it up. And so I will do with this one. " and with this words being said he threw the white powder to the sink. "Gone."

"What have you done?!?" Brett cried.

"I set you free."

"What have you done ?!?!?!" Brett punched Eddy's chest "It was mine! Mine, you understand it?!? I need this! You can't take it from me!"

"I could have call the police. But I like you, so I didn't."

"You like me... You're lying!!! Why would you do this to me, if you care about me?! But you don't. You just made me suffer! I hate you !!!!!!" Brett couldn't see clearly through the tears. He was too frustraded to think. He ran out of their apartment and shut the door behind himself.