Chapter 18 - forgiveness

//i love this fanart. and song//

*************************************************************

"Brett! Wait for me!" Eddy rested his hands on his knees.

"Why would I?" Brett panted. 

"Please... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done any of these.."

"Yes, you shouldn't."

"Brett, please." Eddy held Brett's hand.

"Don't touch me!" Brett broke away.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just mad at you and didn't think much. I'm sorry."

"Ok. But I won't forgive you."

"Oh my god, Brett. You're still on high, you don't know what you're saying. Don't forgive me, just come home with me." he reached for Brett's hand again.

"I said: don't touch me!!!" Brett slapped Eddy's cheek. "Are you stupid or what? And how do you know if I'm on high? I was the whole week and you haven't even noticed. I'm not coming anywhere with you! And this place is not my home anymore!"

"Brett... Just come with me..." this was the only important thing now. That hurted though. These words... 

"No! I hate you! I don't want to know you!!!"

"Brett, you are addicted..."

"Maybe I am. Anyway, that's not your problem. Fuck off!" he walked away. "And don't chase me or I'm going to the nearest police station."

What could Eddy do? He just stood there watching his friend walking away. He felt his cheek pulsing and realised how much it hurted. But it didn't really matter.

Eventually Brett came back home, though. Without any word he just grabbed an apple from the kitched and went to his room. Good for him, he hadn't eaten anything since the day before. Eddy was sitting on the couch lost in his thoughts. He shouldn't have treated Brett so harshly. He should have just talk with him. Like normal people do. Didn't touch his things. Even if it was heroin or whatever. Why did Brett do this? Who knows... Eddy recalled their argument again. He should try to apologise again. But Brett doesn't want to listen.
 I hate you. I don't want to know you. It's not my home anymore. Don't touch me. Fuck off.
This words hurt. Especially coming out from Brett. From his best friend. And very first real friend at all. Not that he has never heard something like that, he was used to hear mean or even evil words. But it felt different when Brett was saying it. Brett was special. One in the whole world. And what friend Eddy was? He just sucked. Would Brett ever act like that? No. But come on, how was he supposed to react seeing Brett in that state? And founding legit heroin ar whatever that shit was. From what Eddy had known it had to be a strong drug. And what could Brett, on high, with suicidal thoughts, which he still had from time to time, possibly do? Nothing good for him. Why was life so hard? Whatever, he'll just won't listen if he will not want to. Eddy just had made a decision to talk to Brett when he heard a quiet:

"I'm sorry."

"Oh..."

"I'm sorry for what I said. And what I did. I was just so mad. And on high I guess..." Brett was looking at his hands.

"Hey, I should be the one apologising here."

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. I was just stupid. Forgive me, please..."

"I would forgive you anything."

"Yea?"

"Yes. Come to me." Eddy pulled Brett into a hug. "I'm glad to have you back."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Brett burst into tears."I won't do it anymore."

"I hope so. You know, I don't wanna lose you because of some stupid addictions of yours."

"I know... I love you so much Eddy."

"What are you saying? I told you a thousand times not to talk with your face in my clothes like that."

"No, nothing." Brett hugged Eddy tighter. They were so happy right now. Why would he damage it? Their lovely, pink bubble of happiness.

***************************

update: i was correcting some mistakes while listening to a song and thought it would be a good soundtrack to this chapter. so i'm putting it up there <3