Chapter 23 - not as a friend

(b.y.)

Brett opened his eyes. He found himself laying on the couch. He couldn't see Eddy. His head was hurting oddly little. He tried to revive facts from last evening. Laying on the floor.. hmm.. Eddy was trying his best to stop him from drinking.. yeahh.. What was he saying? No idea.. What was I saying? No idea... He also remembered being close to Eddy, like, very close. He blushed at that thought. Being close to Eddy, just cuddling. Yeah, that always felt so good. Brett covered his face. It's so embarasing to live with someone and love them and not be able to just.. aghhhh. He sat up. Felt dizziness in his head. Massaged his forehead. This is hard. 

- You're up?

- Oh.. yea - Brett noticed Eddy standing near the window.

- Quite early for you.

- Mhm..

Silence. Has he done anything weird yesterday? Jesus, no more alcohol, it's too stressful afterwards. He couldn't possibly.. or could he? No, no, no, no way he told Eddy. THEN WHY IS HE JUST STANDING THERE? Jesus christ. Brett put his finger in mouth and started to bite it awkwardly. He glanced at Eddy. What the fuck is that interesting outside? ARGHGGFGGHHHHH
Is it raining? Looks like it.. Ouch, he bit that finger too much.

- You.. watching the rain?

- Mhm.

Shit, why is it so awkward? Or is he imagining it?

- Umm.. Eddy? Did i do anything weird yesterday?

- Not really. Just the usual.

Oof, that's good. But Brett still felt weird. Like, if eddy wasn't telling the whole truth. Geez, no more alcohol, no more alcohol. He looked at Eddy. His silhouette with the window in the background, he looked so beautiful, just standing there and being awkward. Yes, no matter what Eddy was doing Brett couldn't not find it atractive. He wanted so bad to just hug him and kiss him. He stood up.

- Eddy? Can I tell you something? - he brushed trough his hair uncomfortably.

- Hm? - Eddy turned to look at him. (Johny you hit me you just hit me //sorry i had to)

- I have to tell you something.

- What is it? - Eddy looked rather worried than curious. - Did something happen?

- Kinda.. not really happened.. just.. we've been friends for so long and you are my very best friend and i never had someone.. like you.

- Yeah?

- And.. it's that..

- Are you still drunk?

- Huh? No, no.. I'm not.. Erm.. - well, he didn't want Eddy to think that he is not consious about what he's saying. He scratched his neck. - I know what I'm saying right now. And I wanted to say that I really like you. Like.. very much - he looked up at his friend's face. - Not just as a friend. I think I.. no, I know, I love you Eddy.

- ...

- Umm you don't have to.. I know you don't see us this way. I just wanted to be honest with you... I'm sorry.

Now he was just standing there blushing.

- Nothing to be sorry about. Not like it's your choice - Eddy sighed.

- I'm sorry.. I know you won't.. - Brett's lips started to shake.

- Well, I don't like you that way. I don't know, maybe someday, but.. Ugh I don't want to make you feel bad, but I dont want to lie to you either, yeah?

- Mhm.. I'll just.. - his vision got blurry. Oh my god, don't cry, you knew it would be like that. Stop being a child. He felt Eddy's arms embracing him. He freezed. Now what? Ugh why are you like that Eddy? He wrapped his arms around Eddy's waist.

- It's okay Bretty. You're still my favourite person, you know. Just wait for me, okay? I'll try my best for you. Shh, don't cry. 

Eddy swayed with Brett in his arms. It felt pleasant but bitter. He could almost see how his love was being absorbed by Eddy and.. and nothing was coming back, all his feelings were just wasted. He closed his eyes trying to stop the tears, but it didn't help at all. Will he always feel like this from now on? Will he just be feeling this bad every time with Eddy by his side? What about Eddy? Will he be distanced from now on? Will he avoid Brett? Would he do that? He's not like that.. but what if? who knows? That was why Brett couldn't bring himself to confess for such a long time.. He broke the hug and rushed to his room. Then he hid himself under the covers in his bed and wished he was dead.

************************************

=^.^=

Well, hello my dear readers! Good to be here after more than a year! I hope my writing skills haven't rotten away and you will be able to enjoy this thing again. Thanks for sticking around <3

feel free to point out any mistakes coz im to lazy to correct

~ author san