Chapter 13 - escape

(b.y.)

Brett woke up earlier than recently. It was 7.07 a.m. He put his glasses on and then removed to clean it with pillow cover. Nah it was still dirty. Whatever. He got up and opened the door quietly. He walked to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. It was silent that he could hear the sound of the lamp on the ceiling. Eddy was sleeping, huh?. When he entered the kitchen he noticed a yellow sticky note on the table. It was saying :
"I'm going to the convenience store, should be back before you wake up, writing it just in case. Call me if anything's wrong.
Eddy. "
So he wasn't. Brett rushed to his room and dressed up in first clothes which came to his hands and it happened to be navy sweatpants and blue t-shirt. He was going to leave the room, but one thought came to his mind. He should probably wear something to cover his arm. He looked at it. Covered with scars it looked kinda scary. They discovered his secret in the hospital, but he begged not to tell it to Eddy, he promised that everything was is ok and it won't happen anymore and he was being stupid and it was couple of years ago. These were all lies, but he didn't regret saying. Eddy shouldn't find out. He could imagine what would happen if Eddy knows that Brett cut himself while being ill and its indirect reason was Eddy. Brett wanted to have Eddy badly. But he couldn't. Eddy was right, he has changed. Because of Eddy. First he changed to a better person, he was a better violinist because of Eddy, cause he wanted to be at least as good as Eddy. And then he fell in love and he knew that they will be just friends and he could only dream about Eddy's love. So he wanted to make Eddy happy and hurting himself for sure won't make Eddy happy, but until he won't know it's ok. So back to the reality. He grabbed a dark green hoodie, which happened to be Eddy's (nobody knows why it was in Brett's closet) put on his shoes and left the flat. Before he wake up, huh? So at eight? He was staying looking at the door. It was 7.30 right now accord to his watch. But he can be back earlier too. And he shouldn't bump into Eddy. He could wait on the upper floor for Eddy to come back and then go out but what's the point of he will stand for an hour on the corridor. Ah whatever, yolo. Brett runned downstairs and out of the building then across the street and a lawn at the other side. And he had to stop to catch his breath. Heavy cough. He shouldn't be running, but he just felt like it. And whenever he felt like something he was doing it. He walked ahead. Interesting, they were never going there. They always walked left or right but ahead across this lawn? Never. When he was younger he liked to wander in the city and discover new places. He never has done it with Eddy though, it was his time to think. Although now he didn't want to think of anything. He looked at the sky humming Saint Saens Introduction and Rondo Capricciosso. First bars of it. Because after them comes fast passages, which he can't hum or sing properly and it wasnt as pleasant as the beginning. So humming it over and over he put his hands in pockets of his jacket. He felt a carton box. Hmm. What is this? Ciggarettes. He rised it to his eyes. He shouldn't. But... Eddy won't see it. And fuck it Eddy wasn't his parent. Why an adult man can't do what he wants to because of his friend. Lighter was in the other pocket. He'll get addicted. If he hasn't yet. Maybe he'll die quicker thanks to the smoking. Whatever. He didn't wanted to think about it in this particular moment. He wanted to enjoy the sky, the sun, the clouds, cool wind, the trees around and just his city of Brisbane, which he loved.

***************
A lot of Brett's thoughts. This chapter was supposed to contain the whole day but I can't stick to the plan and always write to much.
See you. <33333333