🦅 LXXI: Hidden Boss (3)

Start from the beginning

"It kinda feels weird to see a small player in Men's volleyball. Even Karasuno's little ace seems taller now."

You glare at the crowd as you overhear and Kageyama Tobio only looks at you in full assessment.

True. Your presence does make even their ace looks tall now. It makes sense how you're being underestimated since you've only shown up as defense just recently.

He would practically be the same way too.

If he didn't saw you spike yesterday.

As first years, these crows have always been used to being underestimated. And right now, their underclassmen were guilty of doing the same thing. So he was giving them a warning as a senior.

The Karasuno boys were cautious. Even the coach nearby had no choice but to gulp at the eerie tension. The facts were clear.

They knew nothing about why and how you were going to be as a wing spiker.

You hear the whistle as the serve confirms the start of the match. Their setter was serving. Your eyes looked at Kageyama Tobio in anticipation. And the way he clicked his tongue didn't escape your line of sight as you saw where that serve was headed.

His serve was aimed at your team's libero.

You huffed at how he sent it to Hayato. It was a cautious thing to do, smart at the same time too.

Right now, how they view this game and your team was crystal clear.

They were treating this match like your team had two liberos in the court.

And they obviously had better chances with the current libero rather than sending it to you who could make Ushijima Wakatoshi's spike seem like a normal spike.

But that's not right. 

Who says you're only a libero? You looked at them with a sinister smile and the setter flinched. Proving people wrong was always a luxury you give to few people.

When Tendo Satori spiked it as his first attack and Karasuno's libero received it, you saw.