🦅 LXX: Hidden Boss (2)

Start from the beginning

He was openly challenging the libero. And you whistled at the entire site of it.

That was probably the most decent serve you've seen from the highschoolers here.

But Yamagata bumped that up just as you expected. Unlike the other players on Goliath's team, the guy was playing in the professional scene after all, so he wasn't rusty. You watch as the ball was passed to Shirabu, whose eyes were already in anticipation.

"Ushijima-san!" The setter suddenly says, the first attack going to the professional athlete.

On cue, Karasuno's blockers were already in position. And you beamed at the other side's reaction time. 

Hoh. That's pretty quick. 

They've perfected the timing and the placement too when they jumped for a three man block. But you could tell. 

They must have expected something to be different. At most, they were expecting a one-touch to suffice. Since if Ushijima Wakatoshi improved, they've also improved. It was probably that kind of mindset.

Ahh. That kind of works. You shrugged at the idea though a grin was quick to replace it,

But these kids... sure do underestimate professional athletes.

It showed. When Ushijima Wakatoshi slammed that ball to the ground, the slam of that spike blasted through the block, the power slamming that wall down, the blockers' arms not even enough to give enough needed friction to even stop it's rotation with a single touch.

Even Karasuno's libero was not able to immediately see the trajectory of that ball. But that wasnt all.

The blonde middle blocker's brows suddenly furrowed, that single spike enough to tell them the message. This time, this wasn't a 5 set match and the looming figure of one of Japan's top three highschool ace casts a dark shadow before them as it was evident. 

They have no time. They have no time to adjust to such a player, to such a monster. For even if they do, they know they'd only get a one touch at most.

And it looks like they finally realized as you glanced at that knowing look on the highschool boys' face. They looked at each other then to the former Shiratorizawa ace.