Ten - goodbye

The train zoomed past them and slowly slowed down, only to stop after a short while. Jisung took off the oversized jacket and wrapped it around Hyunjin for him, as he was holding Kkami for comfort. Jisung smiled and quickly looked down, his left hand having a light grip on his right wrist. The awkwardness between them filled Jisung with anxiety and guilt over not feeling comfortable enough to converse as much as he was supposed to.

The saving moment was when Jisung heard the sound of the train doors opening. Jisung bowed at Hyunjin and turned to step on the train. He sat down in an empty seat and looked out the window at Hyunjin, who looked like he wanted to say something, despite not moving from his place. He waved slowly at the other, and Jisung waved back with a slight smile before looking down at his feet, fiddling with his fingers.

The doors closed and the train slowly began moving, and Jisung's chest felt heavy. He had to leave Hyunjin there standing.

Maybe I should've given him my number or anything else so he could keep in thouch. He seemed to enjoy my company..

~

Jisung opened the door to his house, exhausted from everything that happened today. He was soaking wet as it was raining on his way home as well, and shivers went down his spine when the warm air from inside hit his cold body. Jisung huffed and threw his shoes off, not caring where they landed. He walking inside his room to change, only to be met with Aspen sleeping soundly in his bed.

He sighed quietly and opened his wardrobe and took out a warmer, comfortable hoodie and baggy pants. He changed clothes into something warmer, hung up his wet suit to dry and gently sat down on the bed. Jisung looked at Aspen. His back was rising up and down, along with his head slowly rising and falling along with his breaths. He looked so calm and comfortable, and Jisung felt slightly jealousy bite in his chest. He also wanted to feel relaxed, but despite that he felt it was impossible to relax in his current state.

He sighed and wrapped himself in the blanket and curled up next to Aspen, keeping a distance as he didn't know how easily the creature could wake. He felt like he had come to better terms with it, but he was still confused.

Aren't monsters supposed to be evil? Why has it come to me? This isn't a dream, is it? It's all real?

His thoughts were focused on Aspen, then another thought hit him. He really lost his job because of Aspen. If Aspen hadn't been there he wouldn't have lost his job.

Frustrated, he turned his back towards Aspen. Holding back his tears, he was really dissapointed in himself, until he brought up his encounter with Hyunjin and Kkami from earlier. He smiled to himself at the thought before retracting back to a smaller frown. Kkami was so fluffy and cute, and Hyunjin was really kind as well. Jisung felt like he had not met a single kind soul in forever until now.

His train of thoughts eventually lulled him to sleep, curling up closer to Aspen's body while still facing his back towards him.