𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖

Magsimula sa umpisa

"We can't do much by ourselves." Ron said in a defeated voice. "I mean, all right, we can go and look jinxes up in the library and try to practice them, I suppose-"

"No, I agree, we've gone past the stage where we can just learn things out of books." Hermione said.

"Oh, my goodness." I mumbled. "This really must be the end times."

"We need a teacher," Hermione continued. "a proper one, who can show us how to use the spells and correct us if we're going wrong."

"If you're talking about lupin..." Harry began.

"No, no, I'm not talking about lupin. He's too busy with other stuff and, anyway, the most we could see him is during hogsmeade weekends and that's not nearly often enough."

"Who, then?" Harry frowned at her.

Hermione heaved a very deep sigh.

"Isn't it obvious?" She said. "I'm talking about you, harry."

There was a moment's silence.

"About me what?" Harry said.

I leaned forward in my seat. "Are you talking about him teaching us defense against the dark arts?"

"Yes." Hermione confirmed. "That's exactly what I'm talking about."

"That's an idea." Ron mumbled.

"What's an idea?" Harry wondered, clearly not understanding what we were saying.

I'm gonna give harry a 'T' for this conversation.

"You." Ron clarified. "Teaching us to do it."

"But... But I'm I'm not a teacher, I can't-"

"Harry, you're the best in the year at defense against the dark arts." Hermione said.

"Me?" Harry was now grinning. "No, I'm not, you've beaten me in every test-"

"Actually I haven't." Hermione said coolly. "You beat me in our third year - the only year we both sat the test and had a teacher who actually knew the subject. But I'm not talking about test results, harry. Think what you've done!"

"How do you mean?"

"You know what, I'm not sure I want someone this stupid teaching me." I said to the other two sarcastically.

Ron laughed and turned to harry, his face becoming serious. "Let's think. Uh... first year - you saved the philosopher's stone from you-know-who."

"But that was luck," said harry. "it wasn't skill-"

"Second year," I interrupted. "you killed the basilisk and destroyed riddle."

"Yeah, but if fawkes hadn't turned up, I-"

"Third year," Ron was becoming louder. "you fought off about a hundred dementors at once-"

"You know that was a fluke, if the time turner hadn't-"

"Last year," Ron said, almost shouting now. "you fought off you-know-who again-"

"Listen to me!" Harry said, almost angrily, because ron, hermione and I were all smirking now. "Just listen to me, all right? It sounds great when you say it like that, but all that stuff was luck - I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I didn't plan any of it, I just did whatever I could think of, and I nearly almost had help-"

None of us said anything. I knew we had gotten through to him.

"Don't sit there grinning like you know better than I do, I was there, wasn't I?" He said heatedly. "I know what went on, all right? And I didn't get through any of that because I was brilliant at defense against the dark arts, I got through it all because - because help came at the right time, or because I guessed right-" I started laughing at how serious he was. "-but I just blundered through it all, I didn't have a clue what I was doing - STOP LAUGHING!"