"How are you doing today ladies?"

  Addie and Katie giggled nervously.

  "Well, we were doing just fine. But then, things suddenly got better." I winked at Ben.

  He chuckled, and then pecked me on the cheek.

  "So Katie," I diverted us from going too far with the PDA, "how was your date with Lance?"

  This got Ben's attention. One of my best friends going on a date with his, deffinately something that piqued his interest.

  Katie blushed, but she grinned with satisfaction. "It was great actually." We went over the details of her date, but then soon had to disperse at the sound of the first bell.

  Nothing of much else happened later that day. At lunch Katie, Addie, and I all sat at Ben's usual table. I deffinately noticed some flirtatious exchanges between Katie and Lance.  And if my mind wasn't just playing tricks on me, then I may have seen a few sparks go off between Addie and Damon.

  After school, Ben dropped me off at my house. It was almost abnormal to me, considering I'd just spent the last few days at his house. But not completely.

  I unlocked the front door, then made straight to my room. I dropped my backpack on the floor, then flopped onto my bed. Even though Ben's was super comfortable, I had missed mine.

  It was one of those lazy evenings, where you just stay home by yourself and do nothing. Although I did do most of my homework, and made a microwave dinner. It was nice to relax. When I finished what I felt like doing of my homework, I found myself with nothing else to do. Instantly, my mind began to wander. It took me to the events of the night before.

  Remembering the fight brought on a single tear, which I quickly wiped away with the back of my hand. But it also left me with questions, that I would be sure to find answers to.

  Why were the brothers acting like this? Was there something that I don't know about that happened? Why are they always acting so cryptic with each other? Why had  Ben threatened Shane to stay away from me? More and more questions crashed their way into my mind.

  The more I thought about it, the more I wished I hadn't even begun.  What would have happened if I had never been mistaken as Jenny Smith that day in the hallway? What if I had never gone to that football practice? How would things be if Ben still didn't know that I existed?

  Although I was curious, those were a few questions that I did not want to know the answer to.

  Sighing, I decided to try to create a diversion for myself. Remembering my password to FaceBook was harder than I thought, considering that I was almost never on there. As soon as I did though, I was attacked by about a ton of friend rewuests and notifications. I dug my way through them, until I was left with the last one. It was a request from Shane Cooper.

  Not knowing what to do, but still curious, I double-clicked on his name. His profile wasn't blocked so I could see everything.

  His profile picture was of him and some slutty girl that I recognized as last year's school slut. She graduated already, and probably went to CU with him. I read a few of the latest posts he and his friends had made, but quickly stopped, for I was disgusted at the immature content. But one post did catch my attention.

  Loving a girl that is already taken, fighting with a brother you used to be a role model of, regretting everything you've done in the past. Sounds like my life right now.

  Who could Shane possibly be in love with? I knew what he meant about the brother part. But what was he regretting so much? Wouldn't he have not said that if he was talking about what was going on about him and his brother since he already mentioned him?

  "Ugh." This was deffinately not helping me right now. I logged off of FaceBook, then checked my e-mail.  87 unread messages. I went through them all, and replied to the ones I thought needed a reply. By the time I was finished, it was 8:53. Almost bedtime.

  I decided to take a nice, hot shower to try to ease my brain from everything. It did soothe me, but the problem was that my the wheels in my mind kept turning.

  After the shower, I changed into my pajamas, then went to my parent's room and knocked on the door. "Good-night!" There wasn't an answer in return.

  Must have gone to bed early.

  I laid in bed, tossing and turning for what must have been at least half an hour. Then the bell at the front door rung.

  Not wanting to be murdered by some psychopath on a rampage, I glanced out the window before jumping with glee, and sprinting downstairs. For in the driveway, was a pick-up truck that I had grown accostumed to.

"What are you doing here?" I practically shouted at him.

  Ben looked uncomfortable, and looked at the fround when he talkes. "I, uh, I was wondering... if... if I could...uh... stay the night here." He itched the back of his head, trying to look casual.

  "Well of course you can!"

  Ben looked relieved. Then I noticed the backpack in his hands.

  "Here, I'll take that." I snatched the bag from Ben's hands, then bounded up the stairs. I was ecstatic that Ben was here. Espiecially since I couldn't go to sleep.  

  I heard Ben come in, then shut the door behind him. He started his trek up the stairs, following me.

  "So watcha come here for?" I asked once we were in the safety of my room. But not wanting Ben to take that the wrong way, I quickly added, "Not that I don't want you here though!"

  Ben almost smiled, then his frown came back.

  "Shane and I got in a fight." Ben looked almost dissappointed in himself.

  My brows fuurowed in confusement. Why did they get in fights two nights in a row?

  "Are you okay?"

  "Now I am."

  Ben reached out to me, and we kissed. But I wasn't as into it as normal. I was wondering what secrets this family held from me.

  I made a promise to myself right then and there. I would figure out what was truly going on.