𝟔𝟓 - 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

The captain looked the Jedi over once again, the fear now draining from her body as she straightened her stance. She needed to get herself together she reminded herself.

This was just a foolish girl. At least that's what she thought.

"Enough, KILL HER"

And then, all shots were firing at the clearly outnumbered Jedi.

"Aggressive negotiations it is then" she sighed under her breath. She crossed her sabers into an 'x' protecting her body as she prepared herself to attack. Before the empire even had time to react she was charging towards them, sabers now deflecting every shot with ease and hurtling back in their direction, just missing their heads when they ducked.

She was Ruthless. Relentless. Simply put, she was a badass.

"Oh" the captain breathed, now realising they were in fact very much in danger.

What had been a hunt was now quickly turning into a retreat as they all began to stumble backwards, away from the ferocious lightsaber wielding Jedi who was taking them out one by one.

Her every move was perfectly choregraphed into a dance of death.

Every stroke of her saber hit perfectly like this woman could make no mistake even if she tried. Not a hair was out a place. Not a foot was stepped wrong. She was terrifying. And loved it. She loved the rush.

Nine months with no action other than throwing up every morning can really leave some people hungry for excitement. And she was some people.

In the next few minutes, only three of the eight original soldiers remained.

"So..." she stopped, brushing a speck of dirt off her shoulder with a calm exhale "are you ready to surrender yet?"

The soldiers glanced at each other with frantic eyes. The captain, who was unfortunately still alive, noticed something appear in the corner of her view as she pivoted towards her surrounding troops.

Reinforcements. Dashing towards them, ready to assist in finally taking down this excruciatingly irritating scum.

Now it was the captains turn to smile at the Jedi with an arrogant grin "question is...are you?"

(y/n)'s POV

"Oh not good"

Maybe I could have turned down the arrogance down a few notches.

Ten, twenty soldiers were nearing, angry scowls across their faces and weapons already pointing my way.

I took a deep breath and shifted my sabers back to being poised in defensive position. I was ready to fight, no matter the outcome. Then Destiny flashed through my mind. Damn her annoyingly adorable face.

I could try and stick with my pride, fight off the numbers for as long as possible, but I knew deep down, I had to run. And so, I turned on my heels and dashed in the opposite direction with a huff like my feet were betraying the rest of my instincts.

"AFTER HER" one of the soldiers screeched as the footsteps resumed to chase after me.

My heart was pumping in my throat, one wrong step and I was dead. I kept to that mentality as I ducked under drooping branches and leapt over bubbling puddles of what I hoped was only mud.

So much for this mission being 'quick and breezy' as Obi-Wan had reassured me on the way here.

Just at that thought, the laser blasts intensified on my heels, they were catching up.