Chapter 18

Copyright 2013 Joanna Bock All Rights Reserved

Chapter18

-Shayla-

“Amy!” Shayla screamed pulling against the stranger as he restrained her.

She lay in a heap at the end of the massive bed, the stranger held his arm around her as he held her from behind. Shayla flung her arms out in an attempt to free herself. He just restrained her.

“Give yourself to me my pretty one or your poor friend here is going to feel rather poorly.” He purred into her ear. His breath was warm against her cheek his words more of a demand than a request. She could feel him pressed against her, his heat causing her to cringe as it soaked into her.

Shayla said nothing. Amy was her best friend no matter how bad she had treated Shayla, no matter how horrible she had been toward Jace. Shayla still loved her.

“All you have to do is give yourself to me, you promised me anything for your freedom yet we are still playing this game Shayla, say the word and she is free. I will claim you and you and I__ the boy will only hurt a while he has no connection, no mark. The cut will be painless.”

He kissed her throat waiting for Shayla to say the word, wanted for her to give herself to him. She couldn’t.

She watched as Amy moaned her eyes fluttered as she focused on Shayla. She frowned before she closed her eyes and moaned again this time it was out of frustration more than disorientation, she opened her eyes staring straight at Shayla “I’m sorry” she mouthed silently. Her eyes held pain asking for Shayla forgiveness.

Shayla looked away.

It wasn’t Amy who needed to ask for forgiveness it was her. She wouldn’t give Jace up for this man- she couldn’t.

I will not give you anything.” Shayla whispered, guilt washing over her.

A growl build deep inside the stranger, he shook behind her and Shayla closed her eyes letting her head drop forward if he turned now he would surly harm her that she was sure about.

He span her around pushing her backward as her picked her up clear of the floor, she back hit hard and she gasped.

“You have made your choice, now I will make mine.” He growled.

His mouth seized her own as he forced her legs around his waist.

Tear stung her eyes as he began to tear her clothing from her. He moaned against her, before releasing her from his kiss, he stared at her as if he was waiting for her to change her mind. She didn’t__

A moment later pain seized though Shayla as the fire poured into her, her blood turned to fire and she screamed out as it seared her, burning like liquid flames as sharp teeth pierced into her throat.

-Jace-

His gut wrenched as the bile of his stomach came up burning his throat raw. Jace knew what this all meant it was only a moment or two and his world would come crashing down all over again.

He hadn’t been left alone as he had thought initially. Isabella sat near him leaning against another tree. She sighed, picking at the loose threads of her shorts.

“I was wrong about you, did you know that?” She told him as if it was a sudden revelation to her.

“Fine, whatever.” He chocked out between the vile that he spat into the grass. His words were slurred and his head hurt. He didn’t care what she thought of him- not now, not ever.