07| Girl Talk

Depuis le début

Eli, being the best slinger in the group, became our slinging coach, and he can't stop bragging about how fortunate we were to have the best slinger in the 99 caverns to be our personal trainer.

Despite the hardship, we still enjoyed ourselves, and our relationship with the Shane Gang grew deeper day by day. Things were turning out amazing: we were becoming more knowledgeable regarding the foreign world we were in and our slinging skills were improving drastically, all thanks to Eli.

But I noticed there was something troubling Mia. She would often stare blankly at random things, and she just wasn't being herself around me anymore. I wasn't sure, I could be overreacting. She's probably just tired.

A month passed by just like that. After an entire evening of physical training with Pronto, I took a warm, requisite shower. The droplets of water always help to refresh my mind and body. After a good thirty minutes in the shower, I stepped out of it and dried myself with a towel.

My eyes landed on my reflection in the mirror. There has been a drastic change in my body. My abdomen, legs, arms, back, butt... basically my entire body was more muscular and toned. I guess Pronto's 'marvellous tactic' did worked after all.

After putting on a casual outfit, I headed to the living room and got myself comfy on the couch. On my way, I greeted Trixie and Kord who were gaming, and Pronto, who was busy preparing his signature egg fried rice for dinner. I was reading a book, minding my own business, when Eli suddenly sat down beside me with a loud thud.

"Hey," he whispered, putting an arm around the couch behind me. He was wearing his casual white shirt and basic shorts. A dampened towel hung around his neck, his hair still wet from his shower.

"How was Pronto's training?" he asked casually. I let out a soft giggle.

"Terrible," I whispered softly, avoiding to be heard by the molenoid chef in the kitchen, "but I have to say, his trainings do show great results."

Eli let out a soft chuckle before he sat even closer to me. Our sides slightly touched. I bit my bottom lips at that contact, trying my best to concentrate on the book in my hands.

"What are you reading?" he asked, his eyes trying to scan the pages.

"D-Dark Water," I stumbled over my own words from my fluttering heart, and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Dark Water?" he questioned, retreating his arm that was around me and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Why?"

"Because I'm interested?"

"You can't be serious!" Eli said with a soft glare, and shot me a worried look. I looked at him weird, before realising the misunderstanding.

"No Eli, it's not what you think! I'm not interested in ghouling slugs! I'm just curious about the existence of dark water," I said. His expression softened upon hearing my explanation.

"Existence?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, "I believe everything exist for a reason, and Dark Water should not be an exception. Just like mosquitoes; we all hate them, but without their existence, those animals that prey on mosquitoes will go extinct, and the prey of the extinct species will be overgrown or overpopulated, which may lead to fatal environmental problems and many many more and..." I briefly explained to him and I noticed I was rambling.

"The point is, I know how much you hate how Dr Blakk and Tad uses Dark Water to ghoul slugs. I hate it too, but it is just the mistreatment of Dark Water that makes it look bad," I said, looking back at my book. "I wonder what good can Dark Water bring to us."

"Wow. I never looked at it from this perspective," Eli replied in awe. I chuckled.

"Welcome to the club."