Chapter 38: ChewTae's Anniversary & End of The Year Birthdays

Start from the beginning

I could feel the sincerity he had and it made me smile. I liked the fact that he was different from other guys.

"Sorry, birthday girl." Changbin suddenly apologized.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For making such a serious conversation on your birthday."

"Pfft. I don't mind, at all."

"Well, I do. Let's go do something fun."

"You're on!" I exclaimed.

Changbin and I found a game to play and we continued to enjoy my birthday party with my members and other friends and family.

*****

-Friday, December 25, 2020~1:22PM-

~Christine's POV~

I finished up a conversation with James and glanced at somebody I had been watching since the party started: Kaoru. She had been sitting in the same corner, reading a book all day. I've decided I'm tired of it and walked up to her.

"When are you going to put that book down?" I said, leaning against the wall near her.

She put the book down to see who was talking to her. She seemed a bit surprised before speaking.

"I'm sorry." She muttered. "I got it this morning as a Christmas gift from my brother and I haven't been able to put it down."

"Yeah, I've noticed." I replied, a bit sassy.

"I'm sorry?" Kaoru seemed a bit confused.

"I want you to have fun." I said, leaning down to her level.

Her eyes widened and she leaned back a bit as I got close.

"I...I am having fun." Kaoru stuttered.

"But I want you to have fun with me." I said, pouting.

Kaoru stared at me with wide eyes. She seemed a bit flustered.

"Come on, it's my birthday." I said, standing up and sticking out my hand for her to grab. "Let's go play games."

Kaoru stared at my hand for a while. She seemed frozen.

"Let's go." I said, grabbing her hand and dragging her with me.

I didn't know why Kaoru seemed so uncomfortable. I'm sure it was because she was a semi-shy bookworm, but she's been here the longest; I expected her to be used to these things. I wonder why she wasn't.

*****

-Tuesday, December 29, 2020~3:38PM-

~D.NK's POV~

I was sitting with my closest friends in RC, Milo and Changwoo. We were talking about random things when Pop and JC came over. I felt myself unconsciously smile, something I never did except when around JC. I noticed she was holding a stuffed animal panda I got for my birthday.

"D.NK." Pop got my attention. "JC wants to know if she can carry your panda bear."

I looked at JC to see she had a cute shy look of pleading to her. I couldn't help but smile more.

"Of course you can." I told her.

"Yay!" JC exclaimed. "You're the best, oppa!"

JC wrapped her arms around me in a quick hug before walking away with Pop. I felt myself blush at the warmth of her hug before looking at Milo and Changwoo who were just laughing to themselves.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You." Changwoo said.

"I've never seen somebody smile as wide as you did." Milo said.

"He's always smiled like that." Changwoo told Milo. "But only around JC."

"Oh shut up." I crossed my arms, sinking into my chair.

"It's nice, Dunkin." Changwoo said. "To see you like that. She makes you happy."

"She really does." I felt myself smiling again as I thought about her.

"Do you know what that means?" Milo asked me.

I looked at him and sighed. "It means I like her."

"A lot." Milo and Changwoo said in unison.

"I know, but what if she doesn't feel the same way?" I asked.

"You never know until you try." Milo said.

"Besides, I've known her as long as I've known you." Changwoo said. "I don't think you have much to worry about."

"You think she likes me?" I asked him, a small smile on my face.

"I'm not saying that but I'm not NOT saying that either." Changwoo said.

I glared at my hyung before smiling at the thought of JC again. I watched her carry around my new panda I got for my birthday and it was such a cute sight. I just wish I wasn't so shy and insecure to do something about my feelings.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! I'm sorry but I had to skip a bunch of birthdays. I skipped ones that didn't have lis or that were in the comeback since I'll be writing about them a lot during the comeback. I'm going to try to write more but we'll see how that goes TT see you guys soon. Biez!