Chapter 12: Hyrule Ridge

Start from the beginning

"Sure!" Zelda said with excitement "I love hearing ancient tales!"

"Here it is" Kass said, getting his accordion ready

"Long ago, there was......a hero. He saved Hyrule many times from an evil......called Ganon. Ganon, was a vile creature. He...........was reincarnated every time, a hero destroyed him.......But the Ancient Sages, the current princess Zelda being one of them, used their holy power to seal Ganon away forever....... Then came, the Golden Age, and we call it......the Millennium, of Peace. It was broken, with a Hyrule Civil War.... And after nine years King Daphnes Hyrule united the kingdom with peace..."

"Wow!" Zelda exclaimed "I've read books about Ganon, the Millennium of Peace, and the Hyrule Civil War, but that was fantastic!"

"Uh...." Link mumbled "Sure, great song, amazing"

"Do you want to sign up for accordion lessons?" Kass offered

"No thanks" Link replied "Let's go, Zelda"

"Aw" she complained "I wanted to hear more songs!"

"I've got to have some breakfast now" Kass said "Feel free to come back later if you want!"

"Sure!" Zelda said, and she left with Link

"Where to now?" Zelda asked as Epona trotted through the wet grass of Seres Scablands.

"We should go north and stop at Electric Wizzrobe Lake" Link suggested

"Electric Wizzrobe Lake?" Zelda asked "There are likely monsters there, like Electric Wizzrobes, which are powerful monsters!"

"Don't worry Zel, I'm sure it'll be alright"

"Zel?"

"Don't worry, just trust me. You do trust me, right?"

"I guess so, Link"

"Well, you've won somebody's trust!" Navi told Link "Congratulations!"

"Yup" Link agreed as they stopped at Electric Wizzrobe Lake

It was a small lake filled with swimming Electric Lizalfos, and surrounded by Electric Wizzrobes.

Just north of the lake was Mount Rhoam and Mount Gustaf, two mountains also named for past kings.

"What do we do?" Link asked

"I know!" Zelda exclaimed "One rune is already installed on the Sheikah Slate, it is the Cryonis Rune!"

"Cryonis?" Link asked "What in Farore's name does that do?"

"No clue!" Zelda said "I guess we'll find out!"

Zelda aimed the Sheikah Slate at a spot in the pond, and an Electric Lizalfos was surprised as a pillar of Ice rose from the water.

"Fascinating" Zelda said "The Sheikah Slate rune somehow manipulates the water!"

"Sure..." Link said "I see a treasure chest in the center of the pond. How do we get it?"

"We create Ice pillars in the water" Zelda said "We jump from ice pillar to ice pillar, until we jump to the treasure chest!"

Zelda used the Sheikah Slate to form an ice pillar, bringing the attention of a Wizzrobe.

Link hopped onto the Ice Pillar, and Zelda created another one for Link to jump to.

She destroyed the first one, and meanwhile an Electric Wizzrobe grabbed its Electric Rod, and fired electricity at Link.

Link jumped out of the way, onto a new pillar of ice, and from there he jumped onto the island with the Treasure Chest, all sorts of electric enemies after him now.

Link opened the Treasure Chest

It's a Knight's Bow! Goes perfect with my Knight's Shield and Knight's Broadsword!

Link tossed his Lizalfos Bow into the water, and also got a few more arrows from the chest, and he fired them out of the bow at the monsters.

One arrow hit an Electric Lizalfos in the horn, causing it to fall backwards and radiate electricity.

He hit an Electric Wizzrobe in the face with an arrow, causing it to be stunned for a moment.

Link stunned another Lizalfos with his boomerang, and swam back to shore as quickly as he could.

"Amazing, Link!" Zelda congratulated "And now you have a better bow!"

"Yes" Link replied

"We should get going to Rito Village" Navi reminded Link

They set out west through the Seres Scablands on Epona, eventually reaching the Tabantha Great Bridge, which stretched over the vast Tanagar Canyon