Chapter 12: 100

The students were given a week off after the sports festival to wind down and rest and recover.

  Izuku took this time to head up the Demon's tower again.

  Aizawa had insisted another person come along, as they were reaching the far more dangerous floors now.

  Aizawa and Nezu padded along behind the teen, one watching in interest as a Knight returned to report to Izuku every 10 minutes or so.

  "This is pretty much how it goes for every floor except the boss floors." Aizawa said.

  Nezu noticed Izuku's almost unnoticeable twitch and glance to the right.

  "Is everything alright Midoriya?" Nezu asked.

  "I just lost a large portion of mana out of nowhere. Enough for an entire squad to regenerate twice. I'm going to go investigate. Stay here." Izuku said.

  Nezu nodded.

  "Very well. Please let me know how it goes."

  Izuku sped off using quicksilver, reaching his weakest squad with relative ease.

  "Tank, where are the ones that attacked you?" Izuku asked the bear.

  *Mana: 34801/39130.*

  *Mana: 31452/39130.*

  Izuku cursed under his breath, retreating back to Aizawa and Nezu, recalling his soldiers.

  Izuku sighed, sitting on a piece of rubble and summoning Igris.

  "It appears both squadrons encountered the same foe. A legion of demon knights, some riding beasts, the others on foot. They were led by a taller Knight on a larger beast, with an ornate blade. They purposefully attacked the weaker soldiers first." Igris reported.

  Izuku nodded.

  "I assumed as much. We'll need to lay a trap. I believe they are the final enemies left on this floor, we haven't encountered anything else for a while now..." He muttered.

  Nezu perked up at the word trap.

  "Midoriya, if I may..."

  Izuku, Aizawa and Nezu stood inside some of the buildings near collapse. They watched Tank's squad walk through the streets below.

  Izuku sensed them before he saw them.

  "There they are..." His eyes narrowed.

  The demon knights charged straight into the fray, cutting down shadows left and right.

  Izuku looked over to Nezu's building, barely spotting the small rodent.

  Nezu spoke to the shadow beside him, who knocked two of the support columns out, making the building collapse behind the demons, blocking their escape route.

  Aizawa did the same behind the shadows, blocking both ends of the road and blocking the squadrons inside.

  Izuku fell from his vantage point, taking the heads off of two knights as he landed.

  The demons stared in shock for a second before attacking, only getting close enough for Izuku to cut them all down.

  The leader approached him, but was able to block one of his attacks. They were sent skidding back, while Izuku finished off the rest of the troops.

  The leader stared up at him, trembling.

  "P-please spare me.." they squeaked, tugging at their helmet.