Chapter 11: The King

Izuku stood at the back of the crowd. He was tempted to win the race by just letting Igris get to the end and Exchanging with him, but that would just be unfair.

  *New Quest: The Festival*

  *You are competing in the sports festival. Depending on how you place in each event, and how you place overall, you will be rewarded.*

  The sports festival was made up of 3 events. The first was a race around the perimeter, dodging obstacles. Izuku estimated that about 40-50 of the first people to cross the finish line would continue to the second event.

  "Begin!!" Midnight announced.

  "Quicksilver"

  Izuku shot off like a bullet, running along the wall of the tunnel as everyone else below was frozen to the floor by Todoroki.

  Izuku landed outside the tunnel and kept running.

  "It looks like Izuku Midoriya has reached the first obstacle!!!" Present Mic said.

  Izuku dodged the massive robot fist aimed at him, looking up at the 6 zero pointers.

  "Marshal Igris, carve me a way through."

  The only thing the audience saw was a black flash, and the two Zero pointers blocking Izuku's way were reduced to lots of big metal blocks.

  "Quicksilver"

  "Looks like Shoto Todoroki has reached the Robo Inferno!! And Izuku Midoriya has reached the second obstacle, the Fall! Katsuki Bakugo is right on Todoroki's tail.."

  Izuku rolled his eyes, leaping over the pit in a single bound.

  "If you're going to make obstacles, make them actually get in the way."

  "M-midoriya has cleared the Fall already?? When did that happen??" Present Mic asked.

  "He just jumped over it. You should keep your eye on him." Aizawa said.

  "Midoriya has reached the final obstacle, the minefield!!" Present Mic yelled. "This should slow him down!"

  Izuku took two steps back.

  "Quicksilver."

  Izuku sent out all of his senses, reaching out to the minefield.

  He ran across the minefield, stepping perfectly between the mines and clearing the field in less than a second.

  "I-Izuku Midoriya has won the Obstacle race... Meanwhile, Shoto Todoroki has just reached the Fall!!"

  Izuku walked over to Midnight's podium, sitting down with his back against it.

  *Mana: 34,576/ 34,580*

  Midnight put her finger to her ear, listening to something.

  Just as she did, a blue portal opened up against the wall of the centre arena.

  *Alert: gate nearby. All quests are suspended until rogue gate has been cleared. You will be compensated.*

  Izuku stared at it, then sighed.

  "Midnight. Tell Nezu I've got it. I'll be back in about an hour, at most."

  The crowd was murmuring, wondering if this was part of the festival.

  "How did you know I was talking to Nezu?"

  "Just guessed. He would have detected the energy signature before the gate opened. I can sense it without machinery though."