chapter 12

They all looked at the empty chair beside Mikasa. The chair Alina was sitting before.

"is she...really 31?" Eren asked in disappointment. The others then just sighed...the table is rather unusually quiet...well except for Sasha who is still busily eating bread.

The people who suffered the huge blow are Christa and Petra.

"Alina..." Ymir looked at Christa who kept on sighing.

"Oh, where is Alina?" they looked at Hanji who smiled at them and they all sighed. Hanji then blinked and then sat beside Mikasa.

"now, what happened? Did Oluo bullied her again?" she asked and then they shook their heads.

"then what happened?" she asked in confusion and interest.

"Hanji-san...is she really 31?" Hanji blinked.

"who?"

"Alina. Is she really 31?" Hanji then nodded her head.

"yes she is...she doesn't look like one, right? I mean she's so pretty and short...hahaha. Anyway, what happened?" she asked them and they told her the story...Hanji then fell silent before she stood.

"I see...I'll go look for her then." She said and then left the hall...

"now...where are you, Alina?" she asked herself and the others but they all shook their heads...just as she was about to give up, she remembered the rooftop...maybe she's there.

she saw her sitting there looking up watching the stars...she sighed in relief and was just about to go near her when she heard someone speak.

"Oi, stupid brat, what are you doing here?" she recognized the voice of Levi so she hid there looking at them. Levi is now walking in the direction of Alina who appeared to be shocked by his sudden appearance.

"Captain." She just said plainly and then looked at the stars again...

"I'm asking you a question." Alina didn't answer him and just raised her hand trying to reach the stars...she then closed her eyes and then she spoke remembering something she should've asked before.

"where are...Isabel and Farlan?" Hanji stared at her in shock...they already know Alina and Levi know each other but they didn't expect her to know about Isabel and Farlan. Levi then sighed before he looked at her.

"they died..." Alina froze and her eyes widened upon hearing what he said.

"t-they died...how?"

"they were eaten by the titans." Alina clenched her fist and then she bowed down...her shoulders began to tremble and he heard a few mumbling before a chuckle and then a loud laugh. Hanji looked at her in shock.

Even Levi...He told her what happened to Isabel and Farlan but she laughed. He quietly stared at her.

And then Alina began looking up while still laughing...he was surprised when he saw tears streaming down her face as she continued to laugh...and those laughs were slowly turning into painful laughs until she stopped and then bowed her head crying burying her face between her knees and just continued to cry.

Levi looked at her and then looked up listening to her cry...he stared at the stars and just sighed.

Hanji decided to just leave the two of them there thinking about the connection of those two.
****************
"Alina..." Petra still tried to approach Alina but as always, she pushed her away.

"I said stay away from me. can't you understand?" she said glaring at Petra...Petra then gulped before she smiled a little...

"maybe...maybe you wanted someone to talk to." Alina glared at her and then clenched her fist.