Chapter 1

I walked to class in a hurry, hearing my Cecyl Studded Wedges from Gucci clicked against the sidewalk as I half ran to my Physics II class. So much for making a first day impression, I chided myself. Today was my first day back at school at Bancroft. Memories flooded back to my head as I remembered where it was first where I met my boyfriend, Evan. Of course, my best friend Felicia, didn't approve, but then again, she never approved of anything I did. I walked passed the Performing Arts Center building, and ignored a look a guy gave me.

"Hey! Andyln!" I heard a familiar voice call my name.

I turned around and saw Evan, his deep sea blue and green eyes staring into my light brown eyes. He looked amazing, as usual, but never meaning to. All he had on were a pair of Levi's, Adias, and a blue sweater from American Eagle that I got him for his birthday one year. His mop of brown hair, in need of a trim, laid against his head, but some parts were sticking up, making him amazingly adorable. I walked up to him, knowing he was looking up and down at me. I picked out carefully this morning, making sure it didn't look to summer, but not to fall. So I stuck with my favorite J Brand mid-rise skinny jeans and a blouse that my mother had gotten me from Dillard's that was made from pure silk, and was black and white. Hoping I looked at least decent, and not like I was trying too hard.

"Hey," I said, smiling at him, and trying to ignore the fact that a few freshman girls were looking at him.

He gave me a quick peck on the mouth, since kissing on school ground wasn't permitted but somehow we still didn't get caught. Bancroft had this thing were you can only hold hands, and that's it, but no one seemed to follow that rule.

"Where is your class at? I'll walk you to it," he said, not caring he would be late to class or not.

"You'll be late though. And I'm looking for Felicia, actually. Have you seen her?" I asked, interlocking his long fingers with my small ones.

"Speak of the devil," he said, grinning and looking up.

I wasn't surprised to see Felicia, smiling devilishly as always. She loved flirting, parties, and making out with guys she just met at a party. Somehow, she was still a virgin though. Her beautiful hair was so dark brown it was almost black, and was straight. It was naturally straight, and it made me envy her. Her blue eyes were normally filled with laughter or having a gleam in them. She had Marc Jacob boots on, with her favorite J. Crew pencil skirt, with 7 For All Mankind black tipped blouse on. She looked utterly fabulous.

"Hello, my fellow friends," she said, trying to be civil.

"Why are you trying to be fancy all of a sudden?" Evan asked, smiling down at her.

"One must act right, to be noticed," she said, using her favorite quote she used on me all the time.

I rolled my eyes, realizing that class was about to start soon in about three minutes.

"Listen, I've got to go, and you guys have to get to your class too. And I'm not letting you get a referral on the first day." I said, and kissed Evan on the cheek, wishing I could do more. And wishing I could talk to Felicia about the gossip over the past summer. I didn't see her, or Evan that passed summer because I went to Italy with my parents, and they were doing each of their own things with their families. I walked into the Science Center, having my schedule memorized and the room numbers memorized also. I sat down in my seat, and saw people look at me, a few faces I recognized, and I smiled.

It was strange this past summer, me not seeing my best friend or my boyfriend. I was sort of hoping things would be the same when I got back, but I had a feeling it wasn't. Me and Evan weren't as close as before, where we couldn't keep our hands off of each other. It all started in our Junior year, in March, and now it was our Senior year. It was only September, we would be six months next Tuesday. It was nerve racking, kind of. We still did the same as we did last year, but a space hung in the air, like a void. He didn't mention when I got back home what he did or how exciting his summer was. Even when I probed, which wasn't really like me. Maybe it was just my imagination acting wild, like it normally did whenever I was paranoid about something.

But, we were going to be together forever. I just knew it. Right?