Foreword

tw || self harm, suicide attempt

Sitting in this dark, dusty place, Eren has never felt alone in his entire life. And he never thought he would feel this way. He never thought his life would be so miserable.

He can never forget how his mother was taken away and killed. He can also remember perfectly how his father saved him from an ambush and got himself killed instead.

What did they do to deserve such thing? He thought to himself and tears started running down his cheeks again. His heart and mind are full of sadness, regret, pain, and confusion.

In this dark world..his parents were his only home..his only light. Now that they are gone, he doesn't have a home anymore. Even if they have a house he doesn't wanna go back there again.

The last time he went back there, he had multiple mental breakdowns. He would dream of the same scenario every night. His parents being murdered...

"Maybe this is where it really ends." He said and stood on a chair. He cried harder and closed his eyes. He was about to do it but someone pulled him out of the chair.

"What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?" A girl said coldly. He is sure it is a girl.

Mikasa, she would go to the same place every night. This dirty small cottage. Every before 8PM, she would walk from her home to this small cottage just to..cry. Her being here always has the same purpose. No one would hear her cries of pain here. Because she is alone.

Tonight, she never thought that she would see someone else who is also in pain as her. A guy. A long-haired guy. He is tall and his body is muscular. Why would he be so depressed?

"Maybe this is where it really ends."

When he stood on a chair, she knew what he is gonna do. She walked to him and pulled his arm so she could stop what he is gonna do.

"What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?" She coldly said.

He just sat there crying. She can sense that he is trying to suppress his cries so she sat beside him and listened to his silent cries.

"Let it out." She said.

"Why won't you just let me?" He asked.

Finally, he talked. She thought to herself.

"I can feel you." She just answered.

"No. You don't. I am so tired of this world. Why does it have to be so cruel? You should've just let me." He said, still crying.

"The world is cruel, but it's also very beautiful..", she said and slightly smiled, "..you will be grateful to me someday, you know? Because of me, you still have the chance to feel the sunlight the next day. Hear the birds chirping. You'll find your reason to live soon. Well, I think yourself is already a reason for you to live."

"Have you found yours?" He suddenly asked.

Why am I saying this nice things, when I, myself can't even see myself as my own reason to live? She thought again.

"No. I haven't. But I believe I will soon." She said and got rid of the smile on her face, she replaced it with a slight frown.

He wiped his own tears and looked at her.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"The same reason as why you are here." She simply answered and looked back at him.

"To cry? To die?" He asked again.

"To cry? Yes. But to die? No. Even if I am so miserable and alone, I still believe that I have a reason to live. Even if sometimes, I also doubt if I should be here right now, breathing." Her expression turned from a frown to a cold expression.

"How can you say that this world is beautiful?" He frowned.

"Because that is what my mother and father told me. I grew up believing that it is, even if there is no valid reason to believe in it---you are asking way too many questions. I have to leave." She stood up and was about to walk away but the guy held her hand.

She looked at him. He stood up and didn't let go of her hand.

"Eren. Eren Jaeger." He said.

"Mikasa Ackerman." She said and grabbed her hand from Eren.

She left, and didn't even bother to look back.

He stayed and watched her leave.

"This is where I will be sleeping tonight." He told himself and sighed.

____________________________________________________________________________

Remedy : Foreword is done! Chapter One is next! Thank you for reading!♡