How Many Ways Can You Rupture a Spleen?

song: dancing after death by matt maeson

LISTENING TO THE RAIN batter against the metal of the dropship, I lean against the wall, watching Clarke and Raven work on Finn. I, knowing I wouldn't be much help, watch from a distance. After Elliot calmed me down, he disappeared. To where, I have no idea. It's not like I can go looking for him though, I'm needed here.

I clench my jaw and look away from the duo as they work on Finn, having not heard Abby's voice I probably would have stayed by their side and helped, but Clarke's mom was just like her daughter. Even though Clarke and I have reached a mutual respect for one another, Abby and I have not. She had voted to float my sister instead of me, giving me a reason to hate her with all of my being.

My eyes scan every face in the dropship. Some tired, others dignified and ready to fight. My eyes scan over Monty and I manage to offer a small smile, which he reciprocates. My thoughts are pulled away from him by Elliot coming through the doors with Bellamy and a couple delinquents following close behind. The sight of them makes my lips curve up in a smile for the first time all day, but then my eyes dart downward and my stomach flips. Between the two of them is the grounder.

My lips curve downward as I throw myself against Bellamy, knocking the grounder's arm off his shoulder. "What the hell do you think you're doing Bellamy?" I shove his chest as I yell in his face. The moment of weakness that we shared earlier is a distant memory.

"Bellamy!" I hear Octavia yell as she drops down from the ladder, but, like me, she stops at the sight of the scene in front of her. "What the hell are you doing?" She asks the same question I did, but with less anger.

Bellamy glances from me, with my arms crossed and my eyes narrowed, to Octavia before he answers. "It's time we get some answers." He says, with an edge to his voice.

I scoff along with Octavia. I glance to her and she gives a look that says 'can you believe this shit?' I look back at Bellamy and tilt my head before speaking. "You mean revenge?"

He rolls his eyes and flits them between Octavia and me. "I mean intel." He says and turns away from us to Elliot, who took up his position, and the other boy holding up his other arm. "Get him upstairs." He orders, nodding his head in the direction of the ladder.

Before they even take a step I sidestep to stand in front of the ladder. Elliot sighs, "Don't make this difficult, Hailey."

I scoff and look to Clarke for help, but she clenches her jaw and returns her gaze back down to Finn. "If you want me to move, you're going to have to move me yourself." I threaten, getting out my sword and holding it in front of me.

Bellamy looks at my sword and then at me and charges. He grabs my wrist and twists, making the sword clatter to the ground. After he hears it hit the ground, he sets his forearm around my neck with my back against the wall. His eyes twinkle with amusement as I seem defeated, but, in a flash, my hand encapsulates my knife at my side. Before he registers what's happening, my knife is pressed against his neck. He stiffens and his smirk is gone.