Lifesa' Bitch

song: saturn by sleeping at last

Down here on the ground, friendships are made and they are broken, but I never thought that the person that I lead these people with would leave. The person that I thought would always be here, would leave.

My breathing grows heavy as my eyes glaze over. My rage boils under my skin as my thoughts run wild. My arms lean against a desk and my head faces the ground. Every breath sounds like a wheeze and I'm instantly reminded of my burns.

I squeeze my eyes tightly and shake my head in the darkness, trying to get rid of the pain. I press my lips together before using all of my anger and strength to flip the table. I fall with the table and tears come.

"You have no right to cry." I hear a familiar voice whisper in my ear. My head shoots up and my eyes dart everywhere.

"Atom?" I mutter, standings on my unsteady legs.

"You remember me." He sneers from behind me. I whip around and there he is. "I'm surprised." He muses, and begins to walk around me like I'm prey.

"How is this possible?" I ask, trying to rationalise the situation.

"It isn't." He sighs, and faces me fully. "You are pathetic." His lips curl as he looks me up and down. He takes a step closer to me. "You are supposed to be a leader. You need to lead these people, but instead," another step. "You're here crying about a lost cause." He jabs.

I look away, unable to look at him anymore. "I'm sorry." I mutter.

"Look at me." He whispers, before running to me. "LOOK AT ME!" He screams and I look.

Blood pours down from his neck and his eyes are white. "You're dead!" I scream and back away.

"Yeah, I am, Hailey!" He screams getting closer. "And who's fault is that?" He screams, getting closer to me.

"Mine." I answer and he nods.

"Everything is your fault." He shakes his head in disgust. "Wells, Charlotte, your mother," he pauses and a malicious smile crosses his features. "Your sister."

"It's your fault." A new voice said from behind Atom.

"Wells." My tears flow freely.

"You should have brought me back to camp, Hailey." His eyes narrow.

"Everything is your fault." A small feminine voice says from behind me.

My eyes widen and I slowly turn around to face her. "Charlotte?" I mutter, taking in her broken appearance. Her neck is twisted at an odd angle and her arms are limp.

"You should've saved me!" She yells into my face.

"I couldn't!" I scream right back. "You jumped before I could." My lip quivers as I stare at her, trying to memorise her face until she leaves again.