fourteen

My mind is racing with the possibilities of what Calum could possibly want with me. I mange to keep my cool on the outside while I'm freaking out on the inside. Calum and I reach my room, he shuts the door behind himself once we're in.

I can immediately see Calum's usual confidence show. Since we're alone now, I guess he didn't feel the need to try and act soft for the boys. I try not to let it scare me.

"You and Ashton? That's cute," He scoffs.

I already know that he's hinting at the same thing Michael was. But this time I can see that it isn't coming from the same place as Michael. Calum's comment seems cold and harsh while Michael's was sweet yet brotherly.

     "We aren't together if that's what you're implying," I say, attempting to sound as cold as he did.

     "Oh, I know you aren't. Hopefully, Ashton has more dignity than to get with someone like you," Calum says.

     Okay, ouch.

     "We were just fine the other day in Vegas, Calum. Why are you talking to me like this?" I change the subject. I don't want to hear him talk about me like this any longer.

     "You think that I don't know how to play pretend? If singing doesn't work, I should be an actor," Calum says.

     "But why? I don't get why you have to act so fucking fake," I start to get angry. Calum's whole act since I got here is becoming too much.

     "I don't want any issues with Ashton, that's why. He's my brother. Which is another reason why I don't want you near him. You'd just break his heart," Calum says. He crosses his arms and looks down at me.

     "No, I would never do that to him. You barely know me so you have no idea what I'd do or not," I say, copying his stance to seem dominant.

     "I've met girls like you. You think that you're our first groupie? We've had two tours before this one, sweetheart," Calum laughs.

     The thought of Ashton being with another girl like he is with me bothers me some. I ignore that though. Calum's looking for a reaction and I won't give him that pleasure.

    "So? What does that have to do with me?" I ask him, furrowing my brows.

     "You're just like them. Every girl that we've had, picks a favorite and plays with their feelings. I guess you wanted it to be Ashton's turn," Calum says.

     Is that why he hates me? Because of a bad experience in the past?

     "Well, I don't plan on doing that to Ashton. So you can stop projecting your anger from the past onto me," I give him a passive aggressive smile.

     "I'm just saying," Calum steps closer to me and holds my chin between his thumb and index finger to force me to look up at him, "I don't need to know much about you to know that you aren't good for Ashton. So, I'm warning you now before you get too close to him. Don't hurt him."

I pull away from his hand and stare at him. Usually when I'm angry, I can't shut up. I'll go on forever about how the person makes me angry and I'll let them know exactly how I feel.

But this is different.

Calum's demeanor left me speechless yet also left my blood boiling. The conversation replays over in my head as I stand before Calum. I open my mouth to talk but Calum covers my mouth with his finger to shush me.

"Don't talk. I know you're gonna try to defend yourself or just insult me so save it. I don't care," Calum smirks. He takes back his finger and heads to the door.