"She's working."

" They've all got chips in their head, and the chips keep going, like puppets."

The man gasped and grinned. "Oh! You're full of information. But it's only fair we get some information back, because apparently, you're no one. It's so rare not to know something. Who are you?"

The Doctor shook his head. " It doesn't matter, because we're off. Nice to meet you. Come on."

Suki grabbed Rose's arm, as two others grabbed the Doctor and Historian. The man glared down at the Doctor and Historian. "Tell me who you are."

The Doctor shook his head. "Since that information's keeping us alive, we're hardly going to say, are we?."

"Well, perhaps my Editor in Chief can convince you otherwise."

"And who's that?" The Historian asked sarcastically.

" It may interest you to know that this is not the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. In fact, it's not actually human at all. It's merely a place where humans happen to live." A strange growl rang out in the room... " Yeah. Yeah, sorry. It's a place where humans are allowed to live by kind permission of my client."

The Historian looked up, seeing a large, terrifying lump on the ceiling. "What in the sweet hell is that?" She glared at him. "That... thing is in charge of Satellite 5?"

" That thing, as you put it, is in charge of the human race. For almost a hundred years, mankind has been shaped and guided, his knowledge and ambition strictly controlled by it's broadcast news, edited by my superior, your master, and humanity's guiding light, the mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe. I call him Max."

The Historian, Doctor and Rose had been placed in a hefty set of manacles each,  "Create a climate of fear and it's easy to keep the borders closed. It's just a matter of emphasis. The right word in the right broadcast repeated often enough can destabilise an economy, invent an enemy, change a vote."

Rose frowned at him "So all the people on Earth are like, slaves."

"Well, now, there's an interesting point. Is a slave a slave if he doesn't know he's enslaved?"

The Doctor scoffed at him. "Yes."

"Oh. I was hoping for a philosophical debate. Is that all I'm going to get? Yes?"

" Yes."

"You're no fun."

"Let me out of these manacles. You'll find out how much fun I am."

He smirked and looked to the Historian. "Oh, he's tough, isn't he. But, come on. Isn't it a great system? You've got to admire it, just a little bit."

"Not really, slavery isnt something I usually celebrate." The Historian glared.

"From time to time, someone, yes, but the computer chip system allows me to see inside their brains. I can see the smallest doubt and crush it. Then they just carry on, living the life, strutting about downstairs and all over the surface of the Earth like they're so individual, when of course, they're not. They're just cattle. In that respect, the Jagrafess hasn't changed a thing."

The Historian, Rose and Doctor spotted cathina in the back of the room, behind the man in front of them.

Rose frowned at him. "What about you? You're not a Jagrabelly-"

" Jagrafess." The Doctor and Historian hissed.

" Jagrafess. You're not a Jagrafess. You're human."