Ch 3 - Wednesday

Mulai dari awal

"Not a soul, unfortunately." Her voice fell sad.

"That's weird," Loke added. "Statistically speaking, in compound backyards, there'd be at least two people around to witness a crime scene."

"Lead us to it, ma'am." The third officer speaks out.

She nodded and began leading them down the hall, down the elevator, and to the crime scene-- all in silence. She walked nervously as four men walked behind her, ready to start this damn investigation.

After arriving, she sighed shakily as her eyes met with the muddy grass and broken branches here and there. Her gaze fixates on the corner by the tree, where the murder attempt occurred, as she visited the memories of that awful night.

The cops bent under the yellow caution sign and walked into the crime scene, calling other officers to come down here through their pager.

Suddenly, the blonde felt an arm lay itself around her shoulders,

"C'mon Lucy, your job is done. Let's go upstairs." He so gently said as he calmly swayed her around and walked her back into the building.

If there was anything Loke hated, it was seeing her upset.

.oOo.
Dragneel's Tract

"You're going on a date with her tomorrow?!" Gray burst out in shock from his place on the bar stool, looking at his Don who was sitting right next to him.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Natsu asked sarcastically, looking at Gray in frustration.

"Natsu," The whittete, known as Mirajane, spoke out from the other end of the bar. "it can be very dangerous for you out there by yourself." She looked at him in worry whilst wiping glasses with a white towel so she could pour some drinks for everyone.

She always liked catering for others, especially for The Don. It's not so often he specially requests a drink from her, since he has many chefs and bartenders lined up to do it for him.

"Gajeel and Laxus will be coming with me," he stated with his arms crossed, wearing his infamous all-black suit, watching her do her work with his gentle yet deadly eyes.

The whole area in the room was filled with silence as this conversation took place, all intently listening to their Don speak up about his plans since it wasn't so often that he did.

Familiar people from their Mafia group were scattered around. Some sat on the black-leathered couches in the corners and some on the black marble tables here and there.

"I don't understand what the point of it is. Why don't we just kill her and get it over with?" Gray next to him questioned, impatient and confused.

The Don turned his head slowly toward his direction,

"Like how you killed her the first time?" He mocked their failure.

Natsu, The Don, the Head and Leader of Asia's mafia had hand-picked out the best of the best to be his main mafia team. In doing so, he had brought them all here to his mansion, known as the Dragneel Tract. Everyone lived in different wings and areas in the mansion, all with their own master-bedroom that frankly looked like a whole apartment itself.

He paid for their whole livelihood, and in return, they served him till death do them part. The whole continent knew of them, not much less of the whole world, which made them constant targets at all times.

Knowing they had failed to accomplish a simple task as killing the daughter of the Heartfilia family was surely a disappointment to him. However, he had been working with them for years now and he considered them family. Everyone knew that even though he never showed it.