29

Y/N's POV

His trembling body tried to stand as much as it can while he was still conscious. The boy who received the bullet instead of me with eyes about to shut stared at mine. "You're safe..." Amane Yugi muttered with a smile.

I felt his body run cold as he finally closed his eyes making the both of us stumble to the ground since I couldn't handle the weight of his body. I couldn't process what was happening. The only thing I'm worried about right now is that the person I most likely didn't expect to save me was the guy I struggled to get along with.

Red and blue lights flashed as well as the faint sound of the police siren were seen and heard from below. It didn't matter, everything else around me didn't matter as my vision started to blur whilst staring at his lifeless expression.

I felt everything crumble around me, my mind was a mess. "Amane..." Tsukasa-kun's faint voice cracked as drops of rain slowly hit the hard cement.

I couldn't do anything, I couldn't even utter a single word until I screamed at the top of my lungs when my shaking hands embraced around his cold body, remembering the time where I woke up in his arms. I remembered his warmth wrap around me in that rainy day. That night where it was just the two of us, just carefreelly talking to eachother as tears neverendidly fell from my eyes.

It was painful to see him like this. All I could do was embrace him and let the torrent of my tears soak through his shirt. I clenched my fists, not knowing whether to be mad or to give up hope all together.

I could hear myself screaming, suffocating with each breath I took holding onto my pride. I ran my fingers through his hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within my mind.

Why did it have to be like this? Why did I even run away in the first place? Now that I think about it.... everything seemed to be my fault. Amane-kun wouldn't have been shot if I didn't become all emotional. But how did they get here? How have they found out I was kidnapped?

"One's severely injured! Hurry!" I heard Akane's voice shout from a distance, guessing that the police has already arrived. All I could hear was footsteps from afar started getting louder and louder as two people carried Amane-kun away from grasp.

A man helped me stand up as I continued to sob until my eyes run dry. "Please calm down, ma'am. He still can be healed." The policeman reassured. "We'll be asking you questions at the station afterwards." He continued as I just watched the boy's body who risked his life to save me as well as the injured men drift away from my vision.

I turned my head to face the direction on where Tsukasa might be. My eyes widen as I saw him frozen and just standing there, watching his brother get taken away. He wasn't crying. He was just shaking and clenching onto his shirt.

He was on the verge of losing his sanity, assuming that he's trying his best to hold back his tears. He knows. He knows that he'll make it.

I looked around me and saw Minamoto-san beside Akane-kun. They were arguing again but it seemed like they weren't playfully arguing like what they used to do.

The policemen escorted all of us outside the building. With each step down the stairs, I saw the room on where I was tied up and where I talked to my father for the first time in a few years.

"Y/N!! I'm so glad you're safe!" Yashiro quickly hugged me as soon as I walked out of the building.

"Y-Yashiro-chan?" I stuttered, surprised that she was here along with Kou-kun and Aoi-chan. So the rest of my friends were down here waiting for us? "H-how?" I asked as tears yet again started rolling down my cheeks, burying my face through Yashiro-chan's shoulders as I hugged her back.