[thirty] real life

It had been almost four months since Layla and Sebastian had gotten back together and life couldn't be better for the pair. Just like before the split, Sebastian had practically lived at the girl's LA apartment, as half of his belongings like clothes, his hairbrush, a toothbrush, amongst other things were stored there. It had been the two of them for so long as Chris, Elizabeth, and Anthony were still a little skeptical about the two's rekindled romance. 

They were for sure scared for Layla -- worried that she had gone back to him, trusted him, too early. But, to their dismay, she didn't listen to their protests that went on and lived her life with Sebastian like she wanted the first time. She and Sebastian spent as much time together as the pair possibly could while also juggling their busy work schedules. 

As the new year was approaching quickly with 2015 coming to an end, Marvel of course had to go out in style, releasing a trailer for the newest movie in the Avengers franchise -- Captain America: Civil War. This was going to be Sebastian's 3rd time being in a Marvel movie, and having a big part in it. He was super excited working with all of his close friends again, and this time having Layla as his girlfriend to be right by his side for things like press tours, television interviews, and the biggest event of all -- the red carpet premiere. 

It was currently New Year's Eve and the two were getting ready to head over to Robert's for a New Years' party with all of the Marvel bunch. The two stood in their shared bathroom as Layla curled her dark locks of hair. "Are you excited for tonight, Sebby?" She mumbled, holding the curling iron carefully near her head. "For sure. It'll be nice to see everyone and celebrate the movie and New Year's. I can just tell 2016 is going to be the year of us." He mumbled against her ear as he snaked an arm around her waist. "Oh, shush." Layla giggled softly.

Sebastian looked at the girl's reflection in the mirror. "I'm serious, doll. I want this year to be good for us, you know?" Layla nodded. "I just think we need to blow every other couple out of the water." She giggled once more. "Oh yeah?" Sebastian nodded, fixing his hair one more time as Layla finished the finishing touches to her look. "All ready to go?" Sebastian grabbed her wrist. "Depends. Did you pack your lipstick in your purse?" Layla looked up at him. 

"Uh, no? Why? I didn't think I needed it." Sebastian chuckled lowly. "Well, I'm probably just going to kiss it off of you. You know that." This made Layla's eyes roll. "Alright, whatever you say, bub." She quickly pecked his lips, walking out of the bathroom and down to the front door. "Keys, wallet, phone," Sebastian mumbled, opening the door for Layla who walked out. After doubling checking they had everything, they drove off to the Downey residence.  

They soon arrived to the party, seeing familiar cars lining the driveway and the side of the street. The two got out of the car, Sebastian quickly taking her hand into his and intertwining their fingers. "C'mon." He smiled as they walked inside. "Oh, you two made it!" Susan smiled, hugging Layla and then Sebastian. "Hi, mama." Layla smiled. "Hi, Mrs. Downey." She gave Sebastian a pointed look. "Sorry. Hi, Susan." He chuckled. 

Layla led the two of them to the living room where all of their friends were stood around drinking. "Mom! Dad!" Tom jokingly said as he walked to the two. "Tommy!" Layla smiled widely, hugging the boy. "Gosh, I missed you!" She squealed out of happiness. At this moment, all Layla felt was pure happiness. She was surrounded by friends she saw regularly, friends she rarely saw, her parents, and the man of her dreams. 

"2 minutes, everyone!" Layla's eyes widened as she took Sebastian's arm, dragging him by the sofa where the large flatscreen television was on, getting ready to display the New Year's Countdown. "I love you so much, sweetheart." She smiled. "I love you too, Sebby." She kissed his cheek softly which he reciprocated with a kiss to her head. "I can't wait for this year with you. I can just tell it's going to be the best one yet. Especially with my best girl." Layla's eyes softened at this. "Sebby..." She mumbled, looking up into his eyes. "10!" The countdown began. "9!" Sebastian wrapped his arms around the girl, bringing her close. "8!" Layla looked over, spotting her mom and dad, and smiled widely at the pair. "7!" 

She wrapped her arms around Sebastian, mumbling an 'i love you' into his ear before kissing under his jaw. "6!" Everyone began now counting down, the room filled with their friends and family. "5!" The countdown on the TV showing the ball about to drop. "4!" Sebastian cupped the girl's face in his hands. "3!" Layla leaned against his touch, moving closer to him as her eyes fluttered shut. "2!" Sebastian moved closer, placing a soft kiss upon the girl's nose. "1! Happy New Year!" Sebastian finally moved the last inch needed for him to kiss her, bringing her closer if that was even possible. After a minute the two pulled away. "Happy New Year, handsome." Layla whispered. "Happy New Year, doll." 

{909 words}