[twenty-eight] real life

It had been well over three months since Layla and Sebastian had spoken, the last being the day he came to get his belongings. After he had left that day, Layla had vowed to change. She was sick and tired of him hurting her, and her just crawling back to him. That day, just three months ago had been very awkward between the two, the tension could've been cut with a thousand knives.

It was an early Tuesday morning and Layla stood in her bedroom, which once she had shared with Sebastian, his scent still lingering which came as a shock. She had a cardboard box sat on the bed as she shoved different articles of clothes inside. She sighed once she had picked up one of his favorite shirts, recalling the many nights she had worn it to bed, probably more than he wore it since it bought it a few years prior. She brought the shirt up to her nose, inhaling as the scent of his cologne filled her nose. 

Once Sebastian had arrived, they stood awkwardly at the door to her apartment. "Here." Layla had mumbled, passing him the box. "I found everything I could. If there's anything else missing, I'll give it to Mackie or something. Have him drop it off." He nodded, looking at his ex-girlfriend. "Thanks. So..." He stood awkwardly, shifting on his heels. "How've you been?" This had caused Layla to scoff. 

How had she been? What was she supposed to say? She was broken because of him? Upset that he had hurt her after promising he would never do it again? "Fine." was all that she had said. "Me too." From this point on, the conversation only got shorter, making both of them internally cringe. "I better get going. I've got to get home to El-" "Okay, bye." She closed the door, leaning her back against it. Just hearing him say her name drove her insane. How was he so okay with this? Mentioning her name as if it was okay? As if he didn't leave the girl he claimed to love more than anything in the world for her?

It was now a Friday, and Layla was sat on her couch, emailing back and forth with her manager and agent, talking about possible upcoming projects. As she was sat, curled up with her laptop, the doorbell rang, startling the girl. She sprung to her feet, walking to the door. She wasn't expecting the person behind the door to be there. "Hi." She mumbled. "Hey, uh, can we talk?" The guy asked, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I suppose." She moved aside, allowing him to enter the apartment. "So, what's there to talk about?" She looked at him as the two sat on her couch, a big gap separating them. "I left her. I know it's probably too late, but I made a mistake, Lay. I should've never done what I did. I was selfish, and I'm sorry." Layla sighed. "I don't know what you want me to say, Sebastian!" She looked at him. "I'm not just going to come crawling back to you. I've changed. I've grown." 

He looked at her, taking in every word she said. "I know, and I don't expect you to. As I said, I don't expect you to forgive me and come jumping in my arms. But, I want a chance. A chance to show you that I'll do better this time." He paused. "I love you, Layla. Please. Let me take you on one date. One date to prove I'm serious about this, about us, and if you don't want to be with me after that, then that's okay. We can stay friends, or just be acquaintances and act like none of this ever happened. If it's truly what you want, we'll never have to speak again."

She sat there for a while, taking everything he said to heart, thinking about what she should do. "One date, Sebastian. But one mess up, and I'm gone. Got it?" A smile emerged onto Sebastian's face as he sprung up, taking the girl into his arms. "Oh, god. Thank you, Lay. I promise you won't regret this." The girl froze for a moment before wrapping her arms around him as he brought her closer. "I love you so much, darling. Thank you for giving me another chance." She smiled softly against his chest as she inhaled the cologne that she didn't want to admit that she had missed so dearly.

sorry for such a short chapter, but i just wanted to update, and i figured a time skip would be good as i wasn't sure what to write in between the few months.

i wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who's reading this story! especially thank you to sebbantom who's been nothing but supportive and always votes and comments! i know they had wanted Layla and Sebastian back together so this is for them!! :)

all the love,