Nervous

Aang POV

It has been 2 weeks since school started. Katara and I have been hanging out a lot and I think I'm starting to have feelings for her. I mean I've had feelings for her for a while, but now they are developing into something more. I think I'm in love with her.

Katara POV

Me and Aang have been hanging out for the past few weeks and it has been the best time of my life. He makes me super happy and always brings a smile to my face. I've had feelings for him a while now, but I don't know if he feels the same way.

I walked to school and Aang told me he was running late. So as I walked through the front doors, Jet pulled me aside and started flirting with me. He wasn't getting the hint, so I tried to walk away. But he grabbed me and pushed me against my locker. He then went in for a kiss that I tried to avoid, but I couldn't move. I tried to push him off me and after a while, he let go. I tried to gather my thoughts and head to class.

Aang POV

I was running a little late but I ran to school so I made it a little early. I was trying to look for Katara as I opened the front door at school. I had found her.

Kissing Jet.

So I walked past them, trying to hold back my tears and my anger. To try and keep my emotions at bay, I went to class.

I tried to avoid Katara for most of the day so I wouldn't say anything I would regret. And it went pretty smoothly until after school.

Katara POV

Aang had been distant the whole day. Even when I went to say hi to him, he didn't smile. I don't know what I did wrong. It went on like this for the whole school day. So I tried to talk to him after school.

I saw him walking and decided to catch up to him.

"Aang wait!" I yelled.

He stopped waking

"Yea Katara?" He said with no emotion.

"What's bothering you Aang?"

"It's nothing. I'll be fine Katara."

"Are you sure? Maybe you could come over to my house and we can work on homework?" I said.

He shrugged. "Sure"

The walk was quiet as we got to my house.

We both sat down in my room and started doing homework.

When we finished, we both looked up at each other.
I must've been caught in a trance, because before I knew it, I was leaning in to kiss him.

Our lips were about to connect, before he pulled away abruptly.

"You can't do this Katara!"

"What do you mean Aang?"

"You can't just mess with my emotions like that!"

"I don't understand..."

"I saw you kiss Jet this morning Katara."

I was dumbfounded. I didn't know he saw that.

"I don't wanna be some side piece for you Katara."

"Aang that's-"

"Katara. I had real feelings for you. But I guess you just don't feel the same. And I don't wanna get hurt"

Katara didn't know what to say.

As the silence lingered Aang spoke up.
"I hope you and Jet are happy...
I'm just gonna go". He said as he walked out the door.