The Hospital

Katara POV

"Aang!" I screamed.

"We need to get him to the hospital!" Azula yelled frantically. He was losing a lot of blood, the knife must've hit an artery.

Azula and I carried him to his car and put him in the backseat. I sat there with him, keeping pressure on the wound. Azula quickly put the key into the ignition and drove off. Thank god there weren't any cops, or we would've gotten a ticket for speeding.

It took us about 10 minutes to get to the hospital. We rushed him to the emergency room and took him to the front desk.

The receptionist saw the wound and immediately called for a stretcher. 2 paramedics came in soon after and took him into a room. Azula and I had to wait in the lobby, because they didn't allow us to go in with him.

My hands were shaking. I could feel my heart beating like it was gonna come out of my chest. Azula sat next to me and gave a supportive hand in my shoulder.

"Thank you" I whispered

"He's gonna be ok" she whispered back.

About an hour had passed and one of the doctors came out and walked towards us.

"You can come into the room now." He said

We both got up and followed the doctor.

Once we got into the room, we saw Aang lying on the bed. His face still contorted in pain. It broke my heart to see him like this. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the doctor spoke.

"The knife hit an artery, and he lost a lot of blood...." he trailed off. And I was thinking about the worst case scenario.

"Is he... gonna die?" I asked tentatively.

"No... he's in stable condition right now... but due to the blood loss... he's gonna have to stay in the hospital for a week, just so we can make sure he's back to full health" the doctor said.

Azula and I let out a sigh of relief.
The doctor left the room and it was just me and Azula. There was somewhat of a tense silence, until she spoke.

"Y'know... I didn't want to be the one to tell you this... but, he still has feelings for you..." she said.

I perked up when I heard her say this.

"He's just scared that the same thing that happened before is gonna happen again..." she continued.

I frowned when I realized what she was hinting at.

"I understand..." I said quietly.

"I'll leave you two alone" Azula said as she walked out of the room.

I went over to the side of his bed a grabbed his hand and whispered.

"Aang, you're gonna be ok... but please... get better soon... I need you" I said as a tear fell down my cheek. I was about to get up, when I felt a small squeeze on my hand.

I looked up and his eyes were still closed. I was a little bit disappointed, but I knew that Aang needed me, so I wasn't gonna leave.

I stood up to go lay on the chair and I stayed there the whole night with him.