A Friend

Previously:
I was about to talk until I heard a voice from inside. A female voice. "Aang... who's at the door?" She said
Aang POV

"Oh it's just an...old friend" I said "I'll be back in a bit"

I looked back at Katara. She seemed to have a look of surprise on her face. Eventually she spoke.
"Oh...I see you've moved on..." she said.

"What? Unlike you, I took our relationship seriously and I wasn't looking for the 'next best thing'. That girl in my house is just a friend. Besides, I don't think I'm ever gonna be ready for a relationship again...thanks to you." I say. "I think you should go" I said as I closed the door.

I headed back towards the living room of my house and sat down. I guessed I was stressed out because the girl in my house could see it.

"Are you alright Aang?" She asked.

"I'm...fine, Azula. I'm just really stressed out right now, and I can't thank you enough for coming to talk to me. It really helped a lot." I say as I hug her.

"I'm always gonna be here for you" she says

Azula gets a notification on her phone and gets up.
"Well, my mom wants me home for dinner, but I'm glad I was able to help you, Aang" she says as she heads towards the door. On her way out, she waves at me and I wave back.

I went back to my room and sat down on my bed. It was getting kinda late, but I wasn't tired, so I decided to play some video games. I played for about a couple hours until I felt the tiredness creep in. As I was about to lie down, I get a text from Azula.

Azula: if you ever need anything, I'm here to help. I'm always willing to talk.

Me: thanks Azula. I'll see you at school. Goodnight.

After I send that message, I relax into my bed. It feels nice to have someone to talk to again, a friend to talk to again.