19

"Do you know when the UA project will be finished and in motion?" One of the reporters asked Pro Hero Mother Nature. She smiled, excited to finally talk about it.

"I do actually. It should be up in the next two months, we have the funding and everything seems to be in order. Starting next week we'll be sending out the notice for open spots and then we'll be taking in new children for the entrance exam, or through recommendation. It really is exciting, I can't wait to see the new generation of heros." Pro Hero Mother Nature said.

"Can you tell us about your life before UA?" Another reporter asked her. She smiled lightly at the question, and thought about it.

"My time in America wasn't the best for several reasons. I came to Japan to get away from America and some of the people there. Although I would like to tell the public, there is just too much of a hassle if I do. I'm sorry folks but that question is for a later time." She said to them. Her husband reached under the table and held her hand, knowing how hard of a question that was.

"Are you aware of the increase in crime?! What are you doing about it? The people are scared!" Another reporter asked, quite urgently. She was taken back by the question.

"I know about the increasing crime rates in the area. I know that the people are scared and that they are worried. I can assure you that my agency is doing everything in its power to monitor and control the situation. I understand where you come from but please take it easy and leave it to the pros." She said in a firm tone.

"If you were monitoring the crime then you would've realized it already." Someone had said from the crowd in front of them. She was puzzled and searched the crowd.

"I'm sorry?" She asked.

"You would've realized it already." A male said as he stepped forward. His hands were in his hoodie pocket and his hood was up, which was quite suspicious considering it was the middle of June.

"What would I have realized?" She asked as she stood up, in case of anything. What she didn't know though, was that it was the wrong decision to make in that moment.

"This." He said and swiftly pulled out a '22, he shot her right in the chest and then ran off. It all happened so fast. In a blink of an eye, she was down in a pool of her own blood, desperately trying to stop the bleeding. Her kids were watching this interview for god sakes. Her friends were watching this interview. Her family was watching this interview. She could see her husband yelling at someone while hovering over her. He was talking to her but all she could hear was the ringing in her ears. All of the noise was muffled to a blur and her vision was started to get fuzzy. She was trying to stay positive, maybe even crack a smile. She didn't need the public to see her like this. Bakugo desperately tried to keep her with him. He ripped off some of his hero costume to use to stop the bleeding. She was going to bleed out in their own neighborhood if that damn ambulance didn't get there soon. Some other pro hero's on sight chased after the criminal that did this to their friend and colleague. Soon the blood started to come out through her mouth, she started to choke on it, the metallic taste and smell filling her senses. Tears ran down her cheeks as she smiled at the love of her life, he was starting to cry too.

"Come on now! Don't you dare give up on me now! Fight this. Please. Stay with me a little longer, the kids need you Nora!" He said to her, desperate. "Don't look like you're giving up! You're not dying today! Come on, stay with me." He said to her.

"I l-love *cough* you." She said to him, clearly struggling to speak with all of the blood in her mouth. The tears came rushing down his face as he tried everything to keep her alive, to stop the bleeding.

"Don't talk like that baby. Please don't leave me. I need you here with me. The kids need you. We need you here. Please don't give up on me. Please just stay." He said to her. She could hear him, and it tore her apart. She was fighting, but she was tired. She was so, so tired. She loved him with everything in her, she loved her kids and she knew that they needed her. She knew that she should stay, but she was so fucking tired. She wasn't scared to die, she knew it came at some point. If it was her time then she should go, she always thought that she would go when her time came, but now that it's here she doesn't want to leave. She still has to do so much more. There are still things to do and get done. She has more lives to save, she has to see the next generation of hero's. She needs to stay here. The world needs her.

"I'm so tired Katsuki. I hope you can forgive me." She managed to say to him before her eyes closed.

"No! No! Nora baby, wake up! Please!" He said to her as he tried to get her to open her eyes. She tried to fight this, if that damn ambulance would come faster she would be okay. What the hell was taking so long. She tried to fight it, she really tried. She could feel the life in her slipping away, so with the last bit of energy she had, she pulled his hand down to her lips and gave him one last, bittersweet kiss. When the grip on his hand was nothing but a faint touch he knew that she was gone. During all of the commotion, the cameras were still filming, still pointed at the two hero's. The whole city was watching it live, they saw the whole thing. Bakugo sat there in silence, with his bloody arms and hands, his shirt had her blood on it, and his knees were soaked in it. He held her head in his lap and caressed her hair as he cried his eyes out. He was staring blankly at the ground as the tears fell down. When he noticed the cameras still pointed at them but no camera men, he looked down at his dead wife. He knew that the whole city had just seen what had happened. "I'm so sorry honey. I'm so sorry. I love you so much, it's okay. I forgive you. You tried, thats all that matters." He told her as he looked down at her. The love and admiration still in his eyes as if they were on their first date all over again. Everyone around watching it, could hear everything he was saying, many had tears in their eyes and almost everyone was sad. Her classmates watched in horror, all of them devastated. Mr.Aizawa and Almight were watching as well, they saw the whole thing from start to present.

Newspapers and channels, all of their headlines going something like "Number Four Pro Hero Shot Dead At Latest Interview". Everyone was devastated, everyone grieved, but the most affected was the love of her life, and her god damn soulmate.

Just like everything else, all good things must come to an end.